Revised flyout menu COMMENTS

Kevin, if you look in the css for IE (conditional commented) you will find:
.menu ul li a:hover ul li a.sub {background:#aaa;}
(02.10.2006, 18:55)

Kevin:-
I still can't find it. I even ran a search in Notepad to no avail. The only IE conditional for CSS that I can see is for IE 7 with: .menu li {float:left}.

Well, if the .sub class is only used to change the background color, I don't really need to see it anyway. :)
(05.10.2006, 17:11)

John Henson:-
Stu, is there a way to make the content of the page float to the right of the menu and then flow underneath it, like it was an image? I could probably hack something together to get the content to float to the right but the rest.... erm, no. Cheers.
(11.10.2006, 17:11)

Julio:-
it seems, that this does not work in opera
(17.10.2006, 17:39)

Julio, it works in Opera 9.01
(17.10.2006, 17:48)

...and Opera 9.02
(17.10.2006, 17:52)

Ann:-
Stu, I am somewhat of a novice at this, and I really appreciate your efforts and sharing them.

I have a similar problem to John -- I would like this menu in a 150px column on the left, with the rest of my page content to the right of it. It sort of works in FF 1.5 (the top of the right column is a bit below the top of the menu), but in IE 6 it's below the menu altogether.
(28.10.2006, 20:06)

Ann, you will need to give your content area a position:relative and a low z-index. then the outer menu div a high z-index.
(28.10.2006, 20:34)

:)Ben:-
Wondering if the " w\idth:149px; " is intentional.

Seems like a typo, but it's below a comment about it being IE5.5 hack, so maybe it isn't?

Best,
:)Ben
(10.11.2006, 21:10)

Ben, this is a hack to target IE6 only, the previous value of width will be for IE5.x only.
(15.11.2006, 08:01)