Revised flyout menu COMMENTS

Volkan, glad it is fixed, and thanks.
(30.08.2006, 17:28)

Mircea:-
Hi Stu.
Thanks for your work. I would like to ask you for some advice: i use a css browser detection script because i cannot make it work for FF and IE6 in the same css file. So, using this script from here: rafael.adm.br/css_browser_selector and create some submenus by adding this .ie or .gecko before menu ul ul like that: .ie .menu ul ul {

The result: very good in Firefox 1.5. Opera 9.1 have this problem when subcategories dissapear on mouse over, IE6...well, this have a lot of problems: first:

1. I have to add <table><td></tr> after <div class="menu"> and </div> otherwise my menu dissapear
2. If i remove all <table><tr> etc from all menu everything it's ok in Firefox and Opera but in IE6 menu dissapear.
3. My menu it's dynamic: in FF and Opera all subcategories are shown, in IE6 for some reason are displayed first, third and fifth subcategories? :) I don't have an example to show you, i test it on localhost but if necesary i will post all code here.
(31.08.2006, 11:57)

Ju:-
Thanks Stu !
(04.09.2006, 20:02)

J-F:-
Hello Stu, I'm using ff 1.5.0.6 and the "sticky hover" doesn't work completely. As I traverse the menu level I get a trail of darker color backgrounds, but the change in text color doesn't stick. The text color reverts to the default.

In IE 6.0 I get a trail of both the hovered background and text color change wich is the effect I would like in ff as well.

Any suggestions?
many thanks,
(05.09.2006, 07:23)

J-F-, The trail in IE6 is produced in a different way then the trail in Firefox etc. IE6 uses a:hover whereas Firefox uses li:hover.
I will see what can be done to make both display the same way.
(05.09.2006, 19:04)

J-F, well that took all of two minutes :)
(05.09.2006, 19:10)

J-F:-
Awesome!
two minutes, two caracters, but how many hours to get there? ;-)

Thanks Stu
(05.09.2006, 21:32)

J-F, my very first drop down menu was produced over two years ago :)
(05.09.2006, 22:25)

TraderStf:-
It works on Macintosh OS X Safari and FireFox 1.507 but not on M$IE 5.2. For M$IE most often you have to specify everything, while for other browsers it works like that, M$IE seems to require more details, seems its default or heritage is not like other browsers.
(17.09.2006, 04:52)

Kevin:-
Okay, I think I'm going blind, but I can't see where your .sub class is defined in your CSS.
(02.10.2006, 13:00)