Revised flyout menu COMMENTS

Arthur:-
Thanks for your work Stu, I finally use two css, one for the IE... and one for the other. When the site will be open, I inform you and put a link.
Thanks again.
(28.08.2006, 15:09)

Max:-
I've never seen the use of the :hover pseudo-class without something attached to it like a class/id/element. What is the significance or effect of your use of :hover, as in:
ul :hover ul ul
where :hover is on its own?
(29.08.2006, 15:23)

Max, this is something I have only recently discovered. :hover will be interpreted as 'whatever can be hovered' in this location.
In my case it is taken as li:hover by IE7, Firefox, Opera, Safari etc. as this is what it sees in this position. But it is taken as a:hover by IE5.5 and IE6 because these browsers do not understand li:hover. So the one style serves two different :hovers (saves having a li:hover AND a a:hover style).
(29.08.2006, 20:14)

Isa:-
Hi,
i work on asp.net and the menu dosen't work in Internet Explorer. the sub-menu dosen't appear.
(29.08.2006, 20:59)

Isa, make sure that you are using a standards compliant doctype.
(29.08.2006, 21:01)

Isa:-
Stu, i create a html file and included in a aspx. With firefox the menu work ok but at IE the menu dosen't work.
(29.08.2006, 21:30)

Isa, if your page begins <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> then it is not a standards compliant doctype and the menu will not work.
(29.08.2006, 22:00)

Isa:-
Stu, mi page begins with <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN">
(29.08.2006, 22:06)

Isa, transitional XHTML1.0 should be <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
(29.08.2006, 22:32)

Volkan:-
Hi again Stu,

First of all I want to thank you for the way you help people.

I have changed my dcotype to a valid doc type and currently I have no problems with either Firefox or IE.

Everything works great I also make a comment that talks about you.
(30.08.2006, 09:01)