Simple dropline COMMENTS

bob:-
Please could you share the php that you are using to insert the active/current classes? It would be extremely helpful to me because my php knowledge is very limited. I've tried asking at php help forums but no one ever seems to come up with a satisfactory answer!
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
(20.07.2007, 16:35)

Alberto:-
Hi Stu!
Thanks again for another good example. I managed to do the same by myself modifying a previous one and I got stuck with the same problem you mention about percentage width of the second line of the menu. It' really a pain not to be able to use the damn percentage in IE. I tried many possibilities, but IE is really not cooperating.
I hope you find the solution! :)

Thanks,
Alberto
wishmerhill{_at_}nousefornames.it
(25.07.2007, 22:52)

Tamara:-
hello stu!
Thank you very much for you answer! You really do a great work!
I saw the other one you pointed me too, but the sub menus don't stick once you've clicked on them like this one does. Is there anyway to make them stick?
Thanks,
tam
(27.07.2007, 16:56)

Tamara, only by adding :active and :focus states but this requires a good knowledge of CSS.
(27.07.2007, 17:02)

Tamara:-
Stu,
thanks again for your help, i'll guess i'll go read css tutorials. do you have any suggestions for good ones?

once again, thanks
tam.
(27.07.2007, 19:17)

twodayslate:-
What script/code do you use to keep the current link highlighted?
(17.09.2007, 02:53)

Christian:-
Is there a way to make the submenu appear after you have clicked on one of the root menu items instead of hovering them? Keep up the great work.
(02.10.2007, 09:10)

Christian, It is possible to make the dropline appear 'on click' but it would not be possible to then click again on a dropline link. The second click would be treated as cancelling the first click and the menu would collapse again.
So you can :hover as many times as you like but you can only click (:active/:focus) once.
(02.10.2007, 13:16)

Christian:-
Thanks Stu for your advice. The standard you will find online is the version that you have created - not my idea. So I will stick to your concept.
(09.10.2007, 14:41)

Gary:-
Thanks Stu for a very functional real-world menu. How does one make the submenu collapse when you have a parent (main) menu item that doesn't have a submenu? I've tried all ways but unless I put a link in the <li> it remains on the sub_active until I come to another parent menu item with a submenu.
(20.11.2007, 15:37)