Simple dropline COMMENTS

Tamara:-
hello,
i was wondring if it is possible to put a sub levl to the sub level? if yes could you please tell me how to do it?
(19.07.2007, 16:34)

There is a menu with drop line sub levels on this site www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/dd_valid_2.html
(19.07.2007, 22:39)

bob:-
Please could you share the php that you are using to insert the active/current classes? It would be extremely helpful to me because my php knowledge is very limited. I've tried asking at php help forums but no one ever seems to come up with a satisfactory answer!
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
(20.07.2007, 16:35)

Alberto:-
Hi Stu!
Thanks again for another good example. I managed to do the same by myself modifying a previous one and I got stuck with the same problem you mention about percentage width of the second line of the menu. It' really a pain not to be able to use the damn percentage in IE. I tried many possibilities, but IE is really not cooperating.
I hope you find the solution! :)

Thanks,
Alberto
wishmerhill{_at_}nousefornames.it
(25.07.2007, 22:52)

Tamara:-
hello stu!
Thank you very much for you answer! You really do a great work!
I saw the other one you pointed me too, but the sub menus don't stick once you've clicked on them like this one does. Is there anyway to make them stick?
Thanks,
tam
(27.07.2007, 16:56)

Tamara, only by adding :active and :focus states but this requires a good knowledge of CSS.
(27.07.2007, 17:02)

Tamara:-
Stu,
thanks again for your help, i'll guess i'll go read css tutorials. do you have any suggestions for good ones?

once again, thanks
tam.
(27.07.2007, 19:17)

twodayslate:-
What script/code do you use to keep the current link highlighted?
(17.09.2007, 02:53)

Christian:-
Is there a way to make the submenu appear after you have clicked on one of the root menu items instead of hovering them? Keep up the great work.
(02.10.2007, 09:10)

Christian, It is possible to make the dropline appear 'on click' but it would not be possible to then click again on a dropline link. The second click would be treated as cancelling the first click and the menu would collapse again.
So you can :hover as many times as you like but you can only click (:active/:focus) once.
(02.10.2007, 13:16)

Christian:-
Thanks Stu for your advice. The standard you will find online is the version that you have created - not my idea. So I will stick to your concept.
(09.10.2007, 14:41)

Gary:-
Thanks Stu for a very functional real-world menu. How does one make the submenu collapse when you have a parent (main) menu item that doesn't have a submenu? I've tried all ways but unless I put a link in the <li> it remains on the sub_active until I come to another parent menu item with a submenu.
(20.11.2007, 15:37)

Alf:-
Hello, before all I'm sorry for my bad English.
My problem is that I don't understand the php code to use for the the current link highlighted.
What I need ?
Thank you.
(08.02.2008, 14:50)

Scott:-
I was looking to download the source for this menu system but didn't see the .zip file to download... can it just be grabbed from the source code of this page? Am I missing something? This is exactly what I have been looking for but I just need to figure out how to get the code. Any help would be appreciate, thanks!
(15.07.2008, 02:58)

Scott:-
Not sure if you knew the menu I was interested in downloading so here is the link:

/menus/simple_dropline.html
(15.07.2008, 03:00)

Scott, the FAQs tell you where to find the html/css in the page source.
(15.07.2008, 07:37)

Scott:-
Hi Stu, thanks for the reply... I found the source but I am running into a problem. The rollovers don't seem to be working properly. I copied the code exactly from the source but when I roll over my main menu items, the sub menu does not change. Any ideas? Here is the link to my testing menu:

72.9.240.204/~american/menu.html
(15.07.2008, 13:05)

Scott:-
My only other issue is adding a "Home" link to the beginning of the menu that will have no sub-menu at all. I can't seem to figure this out either. Thanks again for your great menus!
(15.07.2008, 13:10)

Hi Scott, the CSSplay home page tell you you must use a standards compliant doctype for CSS to work correctly in IE. There is a link given to a list of approved doctypes on the w3.org website.
For your other problem I do offer a service to assist in altering my menus to suit your requirements.
(15.07.2008, 13:50)

Scott:-
Great! It works! I guess I should have read everything before commenting :)

Thanks for the quick response!
(15.07.2008, 14:18)

Fred:-
Hi Stu!

Great menu! It was exactly what I needed as a base for my project. Modified it quite a bit and had encountered the follwing problem: I use PHP v.5 and for some reason, PHP did not like the variable $current. $sub would be transmitted, but not current. After changing $current to $tab it worked fine. I have no clue why PHP did not process $current. But no worries, renaming it fixed the problem ^^

Cheers mate!
(24.06.2009, 11:19)

Martin:-
Hello Stu,
thanks a lot for those great menus. I'd like to insert the "simple_dropline" into my site. But I use the YAML-css-framework, so I got trouble with the menu in IE6 (Firefox runs well). Using IE6, the subline moves to the left side and starts exactly under the choosen list point from the first line. I tried a lot, but I have no idea what's the reason for.
Do you habe any idea?