Simple photo-gallery COMMENTS

Just change the :active / :focus to :hover
(11.11.2006, 19:54)

imadeit&itdoenotwork:-
this is really nice but not cross-platform. what is the point of emulating this.

thanks but no thanks
(01.12.2006, 08:39)

All my demonstrations are experiments in CSS. This one works across all the major browsers, but if you do not want to use it then that is your choice. I am not forcing this on anyone :)
(01.12.2006, 09:17)

Alice:-
Hello,
I'm trying to build my portfolio on-line, and used your photo gallery to display photos of the projects. It worked out very well, except for a little detail...
The problem is that the gallery background image appears in the split second that it takes to change between pictures. Please see it at www.alicebernardoarq.blogspot.com .

What can I do to correct this? Or how can I make the 1st img appear by default (when I open the gallery), instead of having a bground image?

I would apprecciate your help, since this gallery is really important for me, and I really don't know anything about css...

Thank you for your tutorials!
(20.01.2007, 22:00)

Alice, all you need to do is make a change to the background color for the :active state. At the moment you have the same (gray) background for :hover and :active.
Change the :active style to
.gallery li a:active, .gallery li a:focus {
background:#888;
color:#fff;
}
and it will work.
(20.01.2007, 22:29)

Alice:-
So simple...
Thank you!
I'll link back to your site when I get everything ready.
(21.01.2007, 13:44)

sean:-
I've implemented this code, and have had reports that it doesn't work on a MAC... Is this true? (they say that they have to click and hold down the link for the image to stay active) ... can this be fixed with just using "hover" ? help ?
(25.01.2007, 17:06)

sean, Safari and Opera only keep the :active/:focus state while the mouse button is held down. You can change the :active/:focus to :hover to make it work in the same way on all modern browsers, or just put a note that Safari and Opera users should hold down the mouse key.
(25.01.2007, 17:22)

Jenny:-
I must tell you -the design of your photo gallery is the best and has so much to offer. I'm a novice at css and I was just wondering if I might ask how to make the numbered buttons appear on the left side instead of the horizontal line at the bottom?
(28.01.2007, 00:54)

Steve:-
Really like you experiments in css, a funtastic medium for graphically inclined people, well done and if I wasn't so skint I'd donate.
(25.02.2007, 02:10)