Simple six level COMMENTS

Johnny, the next demonstration shows how to center this menu.
(28.04.2007, 23:42)

Patrick TT:-
Hi Stu, I have implemented this menu on a site I am working on, and in Internet Explorer it works fine, and Firefox it works most of the time - but not always. In Mozilla 1.7.13, it doesn't seem to work properly at all.

What is happening all the time in Mozilla, and sometimes in firefox, is that the links are moving onto multiple lines, up to 4 lines, instead of all being on the one line. Have you come across this before, and is there a fix for it? The site in question is footy.pmhclients.com/main

Thanks

Patrick
(24.05.2007, 06:17)

Patrick, I guess that you have used the 'centering' menu option which does have problems with Firefox. As yours is a fixed width menu (120px for each link) you can easily center the standard stylesheet. Calculate the overall width (840px) then remove the display:table; and replace display:table-cell; with display:inline;
Then style the #pmenu with the additional
text-align:center; width:840px; height:25px;
(24.05.2007, 08:08)

Patrick TT:-
Hi Stu, that worked a treat! Thanks so much, and thanks also for your site. It never ceases to amaze me what is actually possible with css.

Many Thanks

Patrick
(27.05.2007, 14:14)

JC:-
Stu,
all works fine in IE but am having a problem in FF. I have a flash object just under the menu - but in ff the object moves down as I hover over the drop downs. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
(11.06.2007, 20:17)

Lucian Lature:-
Hi Stu!...

Any idea why I'm having a strange z-index bug, only in IE7, for the menu of www.rompak.ro ?...Any other browser is rendering the menu correctly.

Thanx in advance, you're doing a great job ... ;)
(18.06.2007, 21:49)

Jon Choi:-
Excellent, exactly what I was looking for!
(23.07.2007, 08:20)

Michelle Bailey:-
Stu, I would like to use two of your css scripts and am more than willing to contribute to all the time you've put into them. The two I am interested in are: A simple six level drop-down menu with overlap and overrun and A flyout menu with FOUR sub levels, overlap and overrun. I've emailed you a couple of times asking for permission and am patiently waiting to hear back.
(31.07.2007, 13:43)

Hi Michelle, I have replied to your email(s) of the 27th June and 24th July within 1 day of receiving them giving you permission to use the menus. I am not sure why you have not received these replies.
(31.07.2007, 17:34)

Michelle Bailey:-
Stu... I don't know if you are reading email right now but will you try an email again. I'm sitting at my computer.
(31.07.2007, 18:06)