Simple slideshow COMMENTS

David:-
Another very nice gallery!

Just a couple of questions:

What is the purpose of the white-space:normal rule for a:hover?

How did you get rid of the dotted border around the link when a photo is selected?

Thanks very much, I very much appreciate your examples and ideas.
(13.03.2007, 23:40)

David Leader:-
Positioning and behaviour wrong on Safari. Potentially very good, but clearly not standards-compiant in some way if it depends on Microsofts broken browser.
(20.03.2007, 16:37)

David Leader:-
Actually I was wrong. It seems to depend on the assumption of a Microsoft-style implementation of focus in web browsers, which is alien to the Mac (hence doesn't work in Safari but does in the Windows-influenced Firefox) but in any case does not have anything to do with css or html standards.
(20.03.2007, 20:05)

David, this is right. Safari and Opera do not have a :focus implementation in accordance with the w3.org CSS specification. :focus in these two browsers is only available whilst the mouse button is kept pressed. Once released the :focus is lost.
But my demos to not carry any guarantee that they will work cross browser, all they are is demonstrations of what is possible in certain browsers.
If it does not suit your purpose then just ignore it.
(20.03.2007, 20:32)

Markus:-
Is it possible to have a clickable link inside the description area?

thanks
(19.04.2007, 21:02)

Markus, it is possible but would require a complete change of style to use the li:hover for IE7 and non-IE browsers and a:hover with embedded links using tables and conditional comments for IE5.5 and IE6.
(19.04.2007, 21:43)

Markus:-
Thanks
(19.04.2007, 22:29)

Tim Elmore:-
Love your stuff on here. I was wandering if you had a way of having an automatically slide show photo album but with a "previous" and "next" button.
(08.05.2007, 18:03)

Thomas:-
Hi Stu !
I just started with some html + css and I am really happy to have found your page wich is the most helpful page for me. So I just wanted to ask if it is possible to use this slideshow for my private page and also how it is posible to get a default image displayed.
Thank you very much and hope to enjoy this page for long time more.
(01.06.2007, 06:05)

Phil:-
Hi Stu, really liked your CSS Simple Slide Show, but frustrated by the 24 slide limitation, so I re-wrote it to allow unlimited number of slides in a scrolling panel. I have used it to display pictures from Picasa Web using the Picasa Data API. See philandjude.googlepages.com/photogal and philandjude.googlepages.com/scrollingphotogallery
(24.07.2007, 20:11)