Simplest photo gallery COMMENTS

Lindsey:-
Hi Stu

Thanks for a briliantly simple bit of CSS!
It's at www.1stclassprojects.co.uk/galleryint.php

I've got about 50 images in my gallery - so to get the big picture to always be visible, I changed its position to position:fixed. But now, when I mouseout, the thumbnail changes so you can't see what it is.... any thoughts on how to fix it would be appreciated.
Regards

Lindsey
(10.12.2007, 07:57)

David:-
Stu,

How do you go about displaying a textural description of the images below the images that apper on hover of the thumbnails.

Thanks
(04.01.2008, 03:21)

Julio:-
I am also (as Claire and Gerhard) looking for a way to have an image "preloaded" on the left side. Or at least a way to fixate an image when you click it (That would be nice too).

Thank you very much for all this excellent scripts.
(17.01.2008, 06:48)

Mauro:-
Lots of posts to have a pre-loaded image or default image. But no answer. Please, this would be very helpul
(01.03.2008, 21:37)

As this is the simplest photo gallery it was never intended to have all these extra features, but I may produce another version that has a default image and descriptive text.
(01.03.2008, 22:03)

Maria:-
I am so happy I have found your website! I love the photo galleries, mine looks great in Firefox but in IE it just lists the pictures. I have a Yahoo template store, and I have placed the css under css edit and the html on the page. I have tested a few options but I cannot figure out where to place the DTD. My web page is here: www.happylittlesqueaker.com/tabasl1.html

Thanks for any help!
(07.05.2008, 17:46)

Maria, I do offer a service to get my demos working in your web pages. Just emial me stu{at}cssplay.co.uk for details.
(07.05.2008, 18:00)

Ted:-
Hi Stu
I found your CSS gallery demo on webreference.com and adapted it for a site I'm building. Where you use position:absolute for the large image to display in the same area, I used position:relative because the list of thumbs is vertical and kinda long. Anyway, it works great in Firefox, but not in IE7 or Safari. For IE I used position:fixed which solves it. In Safari it displays the image with chunks missing. Very odd - I wonder if you had any ideas? The site is here: www.primationdesign.com/development/Skylandis/miscellaneous.htm
(05.02.2009, 21:07)

Katie:-
This is awesome, thanks so much. I know nothing about web design and it works great.

What would I need to add to the code (and where) to display a different thumbnail - essentially, a thumbnail and a rollover image as 2 different images. I love that it resizes the big image, but it takes so long to load...
(10.06.2009, 03:55)

Matt Howell:-
Stu,
This gallery is perfect for showing different sized images, with one caveat: the default image is persistent and I can't figure out how to hide it when the selected image is smaller than the default.
Could use js I suppose but would rather not.
(29.05.2010, 14:46)