Simplest photo gallery COMMENTS

Michael, are you using a standards compliant doctype?
(27.04.2007, 21:35)

Pam:-
HI Stu,
I'm using the new Simplest Gallery. On your page you can hover over the images and clcik and nothing happens When I do it on mine, it clicks to an empty page. How do I remover the click ability. I ave tried and cant figure it out. I copied all the info code in the body and the style code into the header.
Thanks for your help.
Pam
(28.04.2007, 02:51)

Daniel:-
Hi
I am trying to get this simple hover gallery working with my site. Have had considerable problems as this is my first crack at CSS. Things work well in IE7, and this is how I would like the images to display (the images scroll with the text, then pop up over everything when hovered over). The problem is that in Safari or Firefox the images get clipped and wont display on top as I would like. Is there a way to get both ideas to work, that is that the images can be imbedded so they scroll, then pop up over everything when hovered over? One problem I know I have is that when I copied and modified the CSS that I wound up with lots of repetitive ID tags, I trying to fix that as well if anyone knows a quick fix for this that would be great too.

Here is the link...
www.caea-colorado.org/Web-Pages/About-Us.htm
And the external CSS is here:
www.caea-colorado.org/CSS/master.css

Thanks from me and CO for the help!
(06.05.2007, 20:18)

Steve:-
Stu,

Your "Simplest Photograph gallery" is great, and I've just implemented it on one of the sites I'm developing.

However, because of other issues, the site forces IE6 into "Quirks" mode and I've struggled to get the Thumbnail display right in this mode. The problem seems to be more than just the usual IE Box Model troubles. I ended up having to "hack" the size of the thumbnail images back to 48px x 46px to stop strange "shuffling" of the thumbnails under hover. Unfortunately this leaves the thumbnail image not filling its box.

The "experimental" page is at:

www.miltonmalsorpc.org/gallery/devindex.php

Grateful for any ideas on a "fix"

Steve
(15.05.2007, 11:32)

Claire:-
Hi there,

I am also after a way of "preloading" a first image on the left side. So that the page doesn't start with an empty space but with an image loaded. Any ideas?

Also a way of when you scroll over the image, the image does not disappear and still displays the image to enlarge?

Thanks, Claire
(23.05.2007, 10:48)

Andy:-
Steve, I was having the same problem as you, your fix has helped but is there anyway of fixing this without having the image smaller than it's box?

Other than that though, Thanks for the script Stu!
(25.05.2007, 16:55)

Andy and Steve, change the style of the img for IE to:
* html #thumbs a img
{
width:48px;
height:48px;
display:block;
}
(25.05.2007, 17:23)

Steve:-
Stu, excellent! Thanks so much - that did the trick.

I'd used the * html hack to change the width and height, but found I needed to take the height right back to 45px for it to work, and that left an annoying white gap at the bottom of the thumbnail.

Presumably display:block is the important change. I'd ask why, but probably wouldn't understand the answer!

I've added a "title" to the <a> tag which brings up a description of the image.

The only problem now is that it renders the same in all my browsers, and I was using the white gap in the thumbnail as my check that I'd forced IE into Quirks mode ..... only joking :)

Steve
(27.05.2007, 22:46)

Arden:-
The simplest gallery works great on just about every browser I have tried. The only glich is in Mac Safari when hovering over thumbnail the image displays about 150 px off to the left and out of the container. Any suggestions? If not that is ok, it is a small portion of web browsers using Mac Safari. You can check it out here www.sardisvet.com/photos.htm. Thanks for any suggestions.
(21.06.2007, 19:31)

Arden Powell:-
I just downloaded the new Safari Beta and the display is perfect so I guess it is a CSS bug they have fixed in this version. Cheers and thanks for the scripts.
(30.06.2007, 00:02)