Simplest photo gallery COMMENTS

Bob:-
Simplest photograph gallery. hello, great site, but i can not get this to work in IE7. Works great in netscape, firefox, and opers.
(16.04.2007, 16:57)

Bob, try it now.
(16.04.2007, 19:54)

Bob:-
Works great now, thank you very much. What was the solution?
(16.04.2007, 21:59)

Bob, for some unknown reason IE7 needs a width for the containing #gallery div.
#gallery {position:relative; width:750px;}
This width can be 100% (which is the default) but IE7 will not work unless this is styled. IE6 is fine.
(16.04.2007, 22:16)

Dave:-
I am try to use a combination of your gallery examples and am having difficulty with larger images. Is there a method to 'limit' image size?

e.g.
portal 400x400
image 300x300 displayed 300x300
image 600x300 displayed 400x200

Using max-width/max-height in some combination.

It does seem possible to do when only one (width or height) dimension needs limited, but looks impossible to maintain aspect if both exceed the portal limits?! (without ... ugh ... javascript)

Any way you see to accomplish this?
(17.04.2007, 15:36)

Gerhard Groebe:-
Hi, I'm just beginning to test your script and here is my question: do you know a simple (of course...) way of "preloading" a first image on the left side. So that the page doesn't start with an empty space but with an image loaded.
Thanks a lot
Gerd
(19.04.2007, 10:33)

Michael Dresser:-
Hi Stu
Great gallery but I'm still having probs with it in IE7 - I'm literally copying and pasting your code without changing anything and hovering over the last thumbnail causes 2 gaps to appear in the row below, pushing the rest of the thumbs along a space. Don't know if this is different to the prob Bob was having above....??
(27.04.2007, 21:17)