Six level centered COMMENTS

Roy:-
What Johnny describes is actually the same problem that I have. I tried to different computers (both the latest version of Firefox), and it didn't work.
(01.05.2007, 15:37)

Since the second style change I have had no problems with this in FF. I have tried two PCs XP and Vista and both have the same result, showing all the top level links in line.
(01.05.2007, 17:56)

Having tried many times to duplicate this error, I have found that it happens for no apparent reason. I think that this is a FF rendering bug. This is the only browser to do this.
(01.05.2007, 22:30)

John:-
Nice approach Stu, thanks for all the good work!
(29.05.2007, 14:20)

Daniel:-
I am extremely impressed by this dropdown. I have replaced my old javascript dropdown with this one. Everything works great in IE6 and Firefox. But the dropdown does not drop-down in IE7. I even copied the source output from your page as a test and still could not get the menu to drop-down. Is there something else being set in one of your other css stylesheets that are called at the top of the page that would be causing this page to function properly in IE7? All I am using is the source code available on this page.
(29.05.2007, 14:45)

Daniel, check that you are using a standards compliant doctype as specified by w3.org. See the FAQs for a link to their list of suitable doctypes.
(29.05.2007, 20:23)

Daniel:-
Stu,
You were right. I added the doctype and it functions properly in IE7. A new issue I discovered is in IE6, the css drop-downs do not appear over a non-css list drop-down within the page. The non-css list drop-down appears on top of the css drop-downs including the css main menu. This is not an issue in IE7 or Firefox. Also, I will not be able to convert the non-css list drop-down to css. Any ideas?
(04.06.2007, 16:10)

Daniel, give the menu containing divs a position:relative; and then apply a higher z-index to the menu you wish to be on top.
(04.06.2007, 20:38)

Felix:-

Is it possible to make this a flexible width top level list that expands to fit the text like in your menu #1 on this page
www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/drop_examples.html
I have tried doing this by not assigning a width to #pmenu a, #pmenu a:visited but it falls apart in IE 5.5 and 6, the rest of the browsers are fine.

Many thanks for evrything you do.
(17.07.2007, 19:02)

Steven Butler:-
RE: The six level drop-down menu with overlap and overrun - centered
29th April 2007

Works great in IE6, FF, Safari as is. However, when I export the CSS to a linked external stylesheet, the menu renders/reverts to the IE table version. That is the only difference in the two HTML files ... one has the CSS embedded and one has the CSS linked as an external stylesheet. Any thougts?

Does it have anything to do with where the following code (from the bottom of your CSS) resides? :

<!--[if IE]>
<style type="text/css">
#nav ul {display:inline-block;}
#nav ul {display:inline;}
#nav ul li {float:left;}
#nav {text-align:center;}
</style>
<![endif]-->

Thanks. Your work is awesome and I see your name and links everywhere on the other CSS gurus sites.
(09.08.2007, 06:02)