Sliding doors 100 percent COMMENTS

Marty, I know the rollovers don't work in IE6. If you visit the link to the original 'Sliding Doors' demo on 'A List Apart' you will see that this is a semantically correct menu and uses li:hover for the rollovers which IE6 doesn't understand.
The purpose of my demo was to show how to get rid of the dead area to the left of each tab without adding extra markup.
A List Apart also provides a method of making this work in IE6 but it does mean adding an extra <span>. So pop over to A List Apart and grab their code if you want rollovers in IE6.
(18.01.2007, 07:58)

Aaron:-
This works nicely if all the menu items are one word. But change "Explorer" to "Internet Explorer" and see what happens in IE6.
(26.01.2007, 00:26)

Aaron, there is always white-space:nowrap;
Place this in the link style.
This is of course covered in the 'A List Apart' tutorial.
(26.01.2007, 09:17)

Aaron:-
Thanks, Stu -- I will give that a try!
(26.01.2007, 15:07)

Mike:-

Thanks for the Sliding Doors tweak! I've got a sort of odd question I guess. Not directly related to this demo but any horizontal menu using lists. Is it possible to make the individual tabs stretch to fit any given width like a menu using tables might? Sometimes I may only have 5 tabs, other times 8 but I'd love for them to take up the same amount of space.

Thx!
Mike
(21.02.2007, 18:42)

Andrea:-
hi,
very nice, thx for your inspiring site.
it seems that you forgot the doubled margin in IE, check the space between left viewport edge and first tab.
Andrea
afercia@interactive1.it
(30.05.2007, 22:57)

Andrea, it didn't matter too much for this demonstration, but since you have pointed it out I have now addressed this and corrected the error.
(30.05.2007, 23:08)

Andrea:-
Stu, yes I know it didn't matter too much for the purpose of this demonstration; sorry for that but it's 2am here in Italy and my brain is already sleeping ;)
ciao
(31.05.2007, 01:08)

Jim:-
Stu:

Very nice...

Is there a way to make indiviual tabs different colors in IE 7? I was successful at doing in in IE 6 but the CSS/HTML didn't work in IE 7, Firefox 2.0 or Safari 3.0. The different colored tabs displayed, but the tabs strank down to practically nothing in these browser versions.
(30.04.2008, 20:34)

Terry:-

I know this is a float left demo. I want to ask if I can position it to be 25px from the right! I tried 'float right' but this gave the position OK with the menu tabs in reverse order!
(14.10.2008, 09:25)