Snazzy Menu COMMENTS

Shelly:-
Just thought I'd post a comment (and a question) - might as well give to receive, eh?

This "snazzy menu" looks good in Firefox on PC (haven't looked in IE or anything yet) - but comparing Mac OSX to what I'm seeing on my PC? Firefox looks the same, Safari 2.0 looks the same and ::gasp:: IE 5.2? Holy crap - looks exactly the same and functions perfectly.

What a wonderful thing - and you didn't even try! ;)

Now, for my question. I'd love to use this menu. However, I'm having an issue: I need a drop shadow on the "hover" and "selected" state. I know you don't *need* images, but I'm doing a site for someone who *wants* images. When the tab is selected, she wants the tab to have a drop shadow - so it looks like it's overlapping the images/menu tabs to the left and right.

Got any ideas on how I could accomplish that?
(29.11.2005, 16:58)

Shelley, shadows would be extremely difficult to add to this menu. I think that you would be better off using images for the normal and hover states. You could use something like the hover in the zero-dollar ads page. I may even look into this as another menu demonstration ;o)
(29.11.2005, 19:33)

Ambrose:-
re: Snazzy menus
You said you need feedback from Mac users, so here is one :-)
Works on Safari 1.3.2 and Firefox 1.5. Haven't tested IE.
(28.01.2006, 05:17)

Ambrose:-
Uh, sorry for being an idiot. I just found that this info is already on the page :-(
(28.01.2006, 05:21)

Bigdog:-
Stu: have you ever thought of creating demo form widgets for your site? It would interesting to see your creativity in action.
(24.02.2006, 03:26)

Chris Klaus:-

Realy nice! It also works well in IE 7 beta 2 on Win XP. =)

Thanks
(21.04.2006, 16:47)

Dave:-
Hi Stu-

Great Site!

Just a quick question,
I notice when I am in IE and I click from page to page there is a slight flicker in certain parts of the page, usually the header.
However in FF it is nice and smooth.
Any thoughts?
(23.04.2006, 23:26)

DAve, you could check your IE Temporary Internet Files setting to see if it is set to every visit to page, or automatically.
(23.04.2006, 23:53)

Jonas:-
When looking at your snazzy menu:
www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/snazzymenu.html

I remembered reading on the layout page introduction: "I hope to find layouts that are a bit more adventurous."

How about basing layouts off of your menus? An example I would love to see is in concept very simple and clean, but I think very difficult to actually make. Like a notebook:
www.home.no/jvelde/notebook.png

Is that even doable? The text direction isn't that important.
(13.05.2006, 14:57)

Jonas, I did something a couple of years ago that went like this:
www.cssplay.co.uk/book/index.html

This could easily be developed into what you want.
(13.05.2006, 17:00)