Snazzy borders COMMENTS

Justin Adie:-
I'm having trouble getting the curved borders to work with IE7 and nested floats.
it works if i include a "spacer" div with clear:both.
it works if I include a height in the div containing the floats (even a percentage height),
but it does not work if I use the :after solution, which is by far the most elegant.
example can be seen at www.caeltgallery.no3.co.uk/Untitled-1.html

i'd be very grateful for your guidance on what i'm doing wrong!!

thanks
Justin
(04.08.2006, 10:59)

Justin Adie:-
Please ignore my earlier post. i was young and confused in my earlier post and had forgotten that IE of course does not acknowledge the pseudo class.
(04.08.2006, 21:57)

Nora:-
Stu - or anyone,

I've posted on the main board before, thanks so much for your help there.

I'm trying to recreate your snazzy border here but having trouble because my border is dashed. This, of course, causes problems because of the way the top and bottom border are displayed (as a background).

Could you please help me out with that? Thanks a lot.
(22.08.2006, 16:03)

Nora:-
Never mind - I figured it out. Thanks for the technique, though, Stu!
(23.08.2006, 14:45)

Fahed:-
Hey Stu,

I searched all over to find a solution which allows for a curved *border* as opposed to (or in addition to) a cruved *corner* and your's does the trick very well in both instances.

One question... how would one go about making the entire border thicker (e.g. 2px)?

One suggestion... it took me a really long time to get the technique into my thick/overworked skull. Maybe it might be worth adding some kind of imagery to the explanation for a fast and appreciative understanding of how it works.
(21.09.2006, 13:46)

Spectre:-
Sorry if I'm missing something, but if you set the background color in .xsnazzy to something other than transparent, you will see this color bleed over the rounded corners...
(27.09.2006, 20:09)

Spectre, .xsnazzy is just the containing div that holds it all together. This should be set to transparent so that any 'outside' color occupies the outside of the rounded corners.
The background color of the rounded corner box is set using the .xboxcontent and the .xb1 to .xb4
(27.09.2006, 20:35)

khangtoh:-
Stu,

I'm getting a transparent line when I use <ul><li> in the content box. Any idea how to resolve this?

<div id="xsnazzy">
<b class="xtop"><b class="xb1"></b><b class="xb2"></b><b class="xb3"></b><b class="xb4"></b></b>

<div class="xboxcontent" id="errorExplanation"><h2>2 errors prohibited this user from being saved</h2><p>There were problems with the following fields:</p><ul><li>Password is too short (minimum is 5 characters)</li><li>Password can't be blank</li></ul></div>

<b class="xbottom"><b class="xb4"></b><b class="xb3"></b><b class="xb2"></b><b class="xb1"></b></b>
</div>
(13.10.2006, 07:07)

khangtoh, any gaps are normally due to default paddings of margins or the enclosed elements.
Try setting the style od the <ul> to padding-top:0; padding-bottom:0; margin-top:0; margin:bottom:0;}
(13.10.2006, 08:31)

Khang Toh:-
Hi stu
I would appreciate if you can try this out.. Many thanks!

.xboxcontent ul li {padding: 0}

<div id="xsnazzy">

<div class="xboxcontent" id="errorExplanation"><ul><li>Password is too short (minimum is 5 characters)</li><li>Password can't be blank</li></ul></div>
</div>