Snowman COMMENTS

flump:-
lol @ the snow man thing.

you know when you highlight text that has scroll bars, and it moves the scroll bar left/right or up/down. well i think its something like that. The div with the bull in it is getting moved up and down like that.

well thats what i think anyway.
(13.02.2004, 22:54)

I think that it has something to do with line heights and overflows.
(16.02.2004, 08:48)

Uwe Karasek:-
Hi Stu!
I am just studying your diary (graphic version), & wonder what tools you used - certainly not just a text editor?
Would you like to give a hint to someone just entering the CSS scence?!

Uwe
@
(16.03.2004, 21:21)

Hi Uwe.
The graphics for the diary were all produced using an old version of Macromedia Fireworks (v3) which I use for all my work. I find this easier to work with than Photoshop.
(16.03.2004, 22:43)

Dick:-
now that it's in ems - the snowman's hat doesnt touch the snowman's had :S
(30.04.2004, 17:15)

Depends on the browser and font size;)
I reckon he might be taking his hat off when he gets bigger.
(30.04.2004, 22:06)

Niels:-
One of the best css sites i know.
I only mis a search option, that could be very handy
(15.10.2004, 11:50)

Jeff James:-
THE Most creative & inspiring CSS site I've been too. Eric may take it to Edge and I dig him but you've jumped over the edge in a hang glider! Everything works in Safari except the snowman and scrolling gallery (the first 4 thumbs work - the rest scroll off the page with the scroller.) You've answered so many questions with a yes. Now I just need to do some more examining. Cheers from the US!
(08.02.2005, 07:31)

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate this and I think you have just given me another layout idea ;o)
(08.02.2005, 21:01)

Gert Forsström:-
Fantastic! I wonder if I can use Your css on my own sites?
(27.03.2005, 06:13)

Everything except the home page styles and the css art. Help yourself.
(27.03.2005, 08:39)

Sesar:-
Really marvellous!This site is more than great.
Never thought that so much is possible with css.Great job dude.
(14.04.2005, 13:53)

Mordie:-
Outstanding work, Stu. Can you replicate the Flash photo gallery at www.yervant.com/wedding.htm in CSS?
(15.04.2005, 19:51)

Fergus Murray:-
Cute. I have to say, your site as a whole is beautifully put together.

I'm puzzled, though - your relative font sizes for the snowman don't seem to work at all, in Firefox or IE 5.5 (the latter of which also omits his nose, maybe it fell off). I'd be curious to know why not - my rudimentary CSS knowledge would lead me to think it would...

- f.
www.oolong.co.uk
(28.04.2005, 15:05)

Hi, you are lucky that IE5.5 displays anything ;o) The nose is missing because IE5.5 has the faulty box model and a lot of the snownman is produced using border art which would require hacks to correct it for IE5.01 and IE5.5. Firefox should resize the snowman (using Ctrl+ keys) but the dimensions aren't quite right and it will distort for larger sizes. I'm not sure why IE5.5 does not resize, sorry.
(28.04.2005, 20:25)

wd:-
It's Good!I wonder if I can use Your css on my own sites?
(30.04.2005, 10:23)

silver12:-
I'm wondering whether the curves that define the Snowman can be employed at a larger scale to colorize a Fibonacci spiral?
(27.06.2005, 22:48)

It should be possible with a little trial and error.
(28.06.2005, 12:43)

Adam:-

I stumbled across your site and was so inspired by your css img gallery, that I wanted to use it..... hope you don't mind. If its OK with you, Id like to ask for your help. For some reason my images don't line up as yours do, I fear its something to do with the existing css in my wordpress set up. I just can't work out where the issue is....
(13.07.2005, 13:23)

Abs:-
How do i download the CSS?
(27.02.2006, 06:39)

Mark Rajcok:-
Great site Stu!
Character code comment (link on that page looks wrong -- goes to Snowman comments):
To reduce the excessive flashing, I suggest adding line 19 to your HTML:

#tabl a { padding: 0 8px; margin: 0}

That is, remove the margins and expand the padding on the characters in the table, so that that there is no "empty hover space" between characters. Now, no matter where the mouse is in the character table, something always dislays on the left. (Tested FF1.5, IE6, Windows)
(20.03.2006, 04:26)

Merkury:-
Saludos desde Chile, excelente pagina.

Hi guys! good page, ccs rulz!!,
Queen is the Best Band of the history.
Nothing more, good bye!!