Tab overlap Three COMMENTS

Martin:-
Hurrah. You're my hero Stu. Congrats mate good work! :-)
(17.02.2007, 23:09)

Martin:-
Stu, I've refactored this method to use only one background image and background-position. Everything works perfect in FireFox but when you get to IE there is one problem. When you hover the selected tab IE positions the center part of the tab-image wrong. You can find my code on my dev server: ac2.matysik.co.nz. I wonder what's going wrong???
(18.02.2007, 03:13)

Martin, see the next demo for the method using one transparent gif.
(18.02.2007, 16:18)

steve:-
What's up with the links trying seeming to reload continuously as if not caching. Causes a slight flicering of the favicon and status bar on at least iE7?

Thanks in advance
(24.08.2007, 18:05)

Forest:-
Just the technique I was looking for. However...

"As with the previous menu this one also has the ability to click any of the tabs and reload the page with that tab shown selected."

Is this just for demonstration purposes on your tutorial page? How do you accomplish this? Are you using a server script to add the "selected" class to an anchor element based on the name/value pair (e.g. ?current=one) sent with the link's URL? Unless I'm missing something obvious, I don't see the connection. How does the name/value pair in the URL change the CSS?
(08.09.2008, 18:33)

This is accomplishe using a php routine to read the query string and add the required class to the clicked tab. This is for this demonstration to show how the class should be added. In normal use you would probably be taken to a new page with the class added manually. But if using a PHP 'include' then you could use this method.
(08.09.2008, 18:50)

Johan:-

Love the demo of tabbs, I have a simmilar problem and it is the site I build need overlaping of the images, just like you have done. But I also ned a dropline with exact the same functions in it. I have tried to figure out how to do his, but get totaly stuck! (I am not very much of a programmer just a simple photographer helping a friend) Is it possible to do, or impossible due to the fact you need to use tables in the dropline function?
(10.02.2009, 13:16)