Three cols COMMENTS

Steve:-
Used the technique with background images in the left and middle columns. For some reason on IE6 there is a gap (a padding space?) between the background images which I cannot get rid of. Have you seen this issue with background images come up before in your layout?
(11.10.2008, 22:28)

EJ:-
Hi
Chrome does not seem to allow you to make the columns longer.
P.S.
Can I remind you rvwoens that tables are not meant for layout at all. They are meant for displaying data.
(29.12.2008, 13:17)

Sorin:-
Try resizing your browser window (Firefox 3.0) - you'll see the middle column shrinks but the text overlaps over the 3rd column.
(05.01.2009, 20:53)

Mark Graham:-
I'm sure this has done before but I'll send you my link. I use relative and absolute positioning and it works a treat in IE 7 and Moz Firefox 3.5. Haven't tested other browsers but will get round to it. Here's the link:

designcodetest.blogspot.com/2009/12/consistent-equal-height-columns-css.html
(04.12.2009, 21:16)

T. R. Tinker:-
Copyright? Copy-right? Oh lord, you can't claim a copyright on how you use methods that are in the public domain, Stu. I wish one could; we'd both be wealthy and would hire someone to do this for us while we sipped champagne and nibbles chocolate-covered cherries.

:o)
(28.12.2009, 19:06)

I do not see any copyright on this example?
(28.12.2009, 21:08)

..and if you are referring to the other demos on CSS play then the same applies to books. All words are in the public domain, it is how you put them together to write a book that is copyrighted, and so it is with html and css
(28.12.2009, 21:14)

on_datatex:-
the best solution:
www.datatex.org/the-best-solution-for-css-columns-with-equal-height.html
(09.05.2011, 11:57)

Mike N.:-
This does NOT work properly in IE8. It LOOKS WRONG. Column 1 and 2 are touching, and aligned left. Then there is a wide gap. Then the 3rd column is aligned right. It might need widths set.
(05.12.2011, 00:51)

It works in my version of IE8 8.0.7601.17514
But again this was produced way before IE8 was on the scene.
So if it doesn't work for you then do not use it...simple.
(05.12.2011, 08:07)