Three cols mk2 COMMENTS

Roy, does too :) well with a couple of conditional comments for IE instead of the * html hack.
(26.09.2006, 23:20)

devPlumber:-
Could you please post the conditional comments necessary to make this owrk in IE7?
(06.10.2006, 13:45)

An Ning:-
I am sure you are a very kind old man,Thanx a lot!
(16.10.2006, 18:36)

Mark:-
Thanks for this great site, I've learned so much from it!

I was wondering if you have an example which combines this Three Column layout with your 'Fixed' layout version 3.

What I'm trying to achieve is a three column layout with equal column heights AND a persistent header and footer with content scrolling in between.

Thanks again,

Mark
(07.11.2006, 18:21)

Mark:-
I missed mentioning something in my previous post:

What I'm trying to achieve is a three column layout with a liquid center column and fixed width left and right columns, all equal height, and with a persistent header and footer with scrolling in between.

Sorry 'bout that!

Mark
(07.11.2006, 18:31)

Paladin:-
hmm can't find my previous post. I get all manner of consistency issues with this that centre around using tables in the middle - by the way in the css code #center isn't defined, so I can't see what referring to it in the example html file achieves at all! I get the middle column not displaying anything until the others have finished their output but don't understand your fixes / hacks, changing the xml bit sends it even more up the wall - think I'll revert back to my table layout after all as this has done my head in for too long now.
(08.11.2006, 23:58)

Paladin, I think that you are mixing up the two examples. This one doesn't use #center on the html or CSS. The 3 col example before this one has #center in the CSS and id="center" in the html.
(09.11.2006, 07:54)

ashnur:-
i'm not sure, but correct me pls if i'm wrong: when you set any float the display will become block even if you try to set it inline....
(09.11.2006, 08:38)

You cannot have an inline float, only left or right. The float will occupy whatever space you define using width. Floats can and will 'float' outside of containing divs.
(09.11.2006, 10:11)

ashnur:-
this is obvious. my question was about those display: inline; rules. i think they are useless as when you set the float property(other than none), the display will become block. i should've test the layout, but I can't, yet.
(10.11.2006, 12:52)