Two point menu COMMENTS

Andy Mc:-
Hi, could you assist:-

You wrote that you used php the dynamically assign the "current" class, what was this piece of code, did you use _post["current"] or _request... with if statements?

I have tried to recreate but with no joy
(29.04.2007, 22:49)

Andy, you can see from the links in this menu that I use two_points.html?current=three" for example to reload the same page. The PHP routine reads the value of 'current' using
<?php
if (isset($_GET['current'])) $current = $_GET['current'];
?>
Then uses this value to write 'current' into the selected link style.
All fairly basic PHP code.
(29.04.2007, 23:02)

Andy Mc:-
Many thanks Stu, that kick started my brain, not done any coding for a few months.

All the best
(29.04.2007, 23:34)

Sebas:-
I was wondering something els.
maybe I'm just the dummy :p
When I use this piece of art on my website and I click the first button, the second button still stays active, the pointers doesn't switch to the new current page. is there something I'm doing wrong here?
(15.05.2007, 13:13)

Simon:-
Hi,

Excellent site - I've not used css to any great extent since the original css1 spec. and this has really got me back into it properly.

A note on this particular demo:
In Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 at 1024x786, the menu breaks into two rows after clicking an item. It seems to happen almost randomly - sometimes one item will do it, sometimes another.

Happy to send a screenshot if it would be helpful.

Best Regards
(29.06.2007, 17:00)

John Bautista:-
I may be asking to much and probably this might sound out of the subject, but I tried creating the gradient image using gimp, and could not make it look professional. How you did it?
(27.08.2007, 22:11)

John, all of my graphics are produced using Macromedia Fireworks.
(27.08.2007, 22:24)

Rex:-
Thanks for all these examples.
I'm wondering whether there's a way of having a centered list-based menu, where the items (and their surrounding background or colour automatically stretch to fit the width of the container.

I'm finding that browsers create slightly different spaces between my menu items, and the client wants the tabs to line up with the left and right edges of the content div. I have centered the tabs, but cannot get them to line up on all browsers.

Sorry if this is not clear - I need a screenshot to explain the problem!
(24.05.2012, 09:35)