active/focus borders COMMENTS

..and reducing the <a href= ..> to zero size ;-)
(12.12.2005, 22:12)

Drew:-
Stu, this relates a lot to what I've been working on recently. I'm confident you'll grasp the concept right away -- http://dillerdesign.com/random/beta/weirdmap/explanation.html
(11.01.2006, 19:55)

Drew, an interesting and very detailed piece of work, congratulations. It's a pity that javascript has to be used to generate the html/css as this can be turned off. I would much rather see php as the generator. Hope it gets some recognition.
(11.01.2006, 20:49)

Drew:-
I used PHP previously. As mentioned, the output was 71k. I have yet to determine if that *actually* affects page load time - that's next up on my to-do list, real world testing with a 56k, script language vs script language :)

I'm collaborating with a friend in an attempt to write a Java or online app that would scan a monochrome image and generate such a map. Could turn into something popular.
(11.01.2006, 21:23)

mikko:-
Yeah, man! You ROK!
(31.03.2006, 16:07)

JAY:-
Hey! Stu your are great. Thanks man and love ur work.
(11.04.2006, 18:42)

Rafael:-
I'd been wondering about this for a while. I found a way to do it for the Windows Explorer, but now I can put it in my web pages (well, only in some cases where the dotted box really bothers me). Thanks!
(15.05.2006, 14:39)

Ben:-
Hi Stu, two things.

First off, you are amazing with CSS. Your site is filled with goodies that many people didn't know were possible :)

Secondly, I'm wanting to have the focus border NOT SHOW for regular links -- Fooled around with the code a bit last night, but I couldn't seem to get it. Any chance you could help me out?

I'm trying to get the focus border off of regular links, NOT in a UL list/LI. Thanks a ton!
(10.12.2006, 14:42)

Hi Ben, not possible for inline links as this method requires absolute positioned inner text in a relative positoned outer link and the size of the link needs to be specified.
Inline links do not have a width value and using position absolute without a width will just collapse the text so that it overlaps the rest of the line.
(10.12.2006, 15:15)