artists drop-down COMMENTS

Roy:-
Well, it works in Netscape 8.1.
(02.05.2006, 18:27)

Kwha:-
Brilliant.
(04.06.2006, 17:54)

Startyger:-
Definitely works in Safari... so, Omniweb, Shirra, Sunrise, etc. Works iin Camino, Firefox, Flock, Probably, Konqueror.
(30.06.2006, 05:26)

Mark Hancock:-
Hi Stu
this site has helped me understand how powerful css can be. Your demos are awesome, especially this one.

I would very much like to ask for your permission to use this menu. Currently I'm developing a website & have used an adaption of this menu system. It looks stunning in every browser (Mac or PC) except for one small problem in IE on a PC.

I have the background image in the body tag. When you roll over the tab on the far right, the menu drops down and a portion of the background image shifts 20-30 pixels to the right. Didn't believe an imge could split like this, until I saw it happen. I've spent hours trying to resolve this all to no avail. The test site is located at:

www.smartgrafix.com.au/hj/

Any suggestions would be greatly appeciated and, of course I will donate if I can resolve this issue. Many thanks.
(18.10.2006, 08:12)

Marco:-
Hi stu,
Brilliant example of the power of CSS.
I can't make it work on IE 7. The image doesn't appear at all.
I don't get it coz' i can see it work on the css play website on IE 7.

Is there a hack for IE 7 or something similar

Thanks
Marco
(02.01.2007, 20:33)

Marco, the images are 'background' images and the paths to these need to be relative to the css stylesheet not the html page. This works in IE7 without the need for hacks.
(02.01.2007, 21:15)

Henry:-
Hi Stu
Another amazing feat of CSS. Has anyone else noticed that hovering over tooltips (O9 and FF) causes the menu to disappear? I know they can be turned off in Opera (with some complex editing of settings files) but it's not so helpful for normal users.

I get the effect if I move the cursor quickly over the tooltip after it has appeared. I suppose it's 'external' to the div that contains the flyout list so the browser assumes you have 'left' the flyout and hides it.

Anyway to beat this?
(26.03.2007, 12:04)

Henry, as this is a text based menu there is no real need for the title text to be used. So is this is a problem then remove the 'tooltips'.
(26.03.2007, 20:19)

James Brown:-
Hello Stu,

Your Artists drop-down menu is wonderful! I'd like to adapt it for the web site I'm developing for my sons' primary school but I've got a little problem.

When I view the page over the internet using either Firefox 2.0 or IE 6.0, it looks fine and the links work fine.

When I download the files as HTML Complete, the page looks & works fine with FF. But with IE6, every menu item is duplicated (each line is repeated vertically) and the links don't work .

I have exactly the same problem with the flyoutt menu but not with simple_vertical - the other two menus of yours I've downloaded.

Do you have any idea of what might be going on and how I might solve it?
(20.05.2007, 00:46)