basic drop-down COMMENTS

James Chapman:-
myparkphotos com
(19.07.2007, 17:14)

James, you will need a standards compliant doctype, see my FAQs for the list url.
(19.07.2007, 18:54)

Makita:-
Hello. I am trying to remove the label tabs from my blog but can't seem to remember what part of the code to delete. I've only been partially successful (the labels are still at the top of the main body but are bulleted rather than folder tabs). I'd like to remove them completely (as I have so many, it isn't appealing to me). Can you please take a look at my source code and thereby point me in the right direction?? Thank you! :)

4twinklingstars.blogspot.com
(31.12.2007, 16:52)

Makita:-
Oops...never mind. I figured it out! Sorry to have bothered you... I shouldn't hunted a little more.

Thanks again though for all your help. :D
(31.12.2007, 17:12)

Geoff:-
Hi Stu, I'm impressed with all the great work you've done creating CSS-based menus.
I tried separating the CSS from the content in the basic drop down, as I prefer to link to CSS as external files. However, I'm having problems like misalignment of the submenus (IE & F/fox), and appearance of the bullets (only in F/fox). Can you explain why cutting and pasting the styles into an external file doesn't work the same way as having the CSS embedded?
Just to be sure I didn't mess something up in the process, I copied the contents of the external file back into an HTML page and removed the CSS link tag, and it works perfectly.
(17.04.2008, 00:07)

Geoff:-
Is my face red!!??
I forgot to remove the <style></style> tags from the embedded code before saving as an external file. D'uhh.
All working perfectly now ;-)
(17.04.2008, 00:44)

Sirus:-
Hi!
I have a question about the dropdown menu, well the css conditional comments connected with the dropdown.
As i understand the code for the dropdown, you use conditional comments for IE 6 and 7, and thus it will only read the </a> tag in IE 6 and 7 because the </a> is inside a conditional comment.
Shouldn't the lack of the </a> be a problem for some browsers?
Also shouldn't we also put another conditional comment in for not IE6/7 to give other browsers a </a>.
Also i'm further wondering shouldn't a html validator complain about the potential lack of an </a> tag, or is it just trained to be happy because it exists inside of a comment, or is there something i'm missing about conditional comments that make things peachy?
(20.07.2008, 03:33)

Sirus, what you are missing is that the </a> is inside CSSplay 'special' conditional comments not a standard MS one, and is in fact seen by ALL browsers except IE6 and lower. This 'special' conditional comment does validate. See www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/conditional for more information. To be future proof you should change 'IE7' to 'gte IE7'.
(20.07.2008, 08:33)

Sirus:-
i had already read up about conditional comments, but i had forgotten something about comments

thanks
(21.07.2008, 00:46)

damars:-
Hi, I would know how to center the menu.
Currently I have it aligned left, but I increased the size
the container and is moved to the left, but
I would like to stay focused on the page.

Thanks and regards.