centering menus COMMENTS

Ryan:-
I've used an alternative method which achieves the same effect here:
www.dunedinicehockey.co.nz/

The basic menu design came from www.dynamicsitesolutions.com/css/example-menus/4/
(21.01.2007, 11:06)

Fredrik Carlbom:-
A nice solution, I would recommend changing <del> into <span> though, looks better if you ask me and avoids th usage of some css...

I'm using spans with display: inline-block into my menu I'm building, thanks for the idea!
(21.06.2007, 00:16)

Alex C:-
Just so you know, I had the darnedist time getting the centered menu to work in IE6 and FF like it is on your site.

Turns out, the IE hacks shown on the page (i.e. * html ...) don't work. The ones you used (i.e. [if IE] conditional) do work. You might want to update the snippet to reflect that.
(25.06.2007, 21:52)

Matt:-
I couldn't get it to work until I set <body> to text-align: center.
(24.10.2007, 11:23)

Maik:-

I've discovered an alternative, but above all a valid technique for the <del>-Tag ;)

<!--[if lte IE 7]><table class="container"><tr><td><![endif]-->
<ul id="menu2">
...
</ul>
<!--[if lte IE 7]></td></tr></table><![endif]-->

cu Maik
(29.06.2008, 10:21)

richard:-
The second menu doesn't work properly in IE7, floats don't work. Fix is:

* html #menu2 li, *+html #menu2 li {
float: left;
}
(13.10.2008, 19:59)

Richard Young:-
I'm trying to include a drop down sub menu also using lists (li ul li). I have it working but when I included your suggestion to get the main menu centered, it stopped the sub menu from working.
Do you have suggestions how I can get it to work.
(20.04.2011, 11:26)

Richard Young:-
This is being caused by the overflow: hidden but I need that to get rid of the horizontal scroll bar.
(20.04.2011, 12:36)

Vasile:-
Thx a lot, I needed this so my list was centered in IE as well.
(03.05.2012, 09:53)