centering menus COMMENTS

DisinfectedBarfbag:-
Hi, love your menus BUT I can't get this to wrap in Firefox 1.5 or Opera 8.51, wraps ok in IE6 though. Any ideas please? I have an example here http://www.dandgadvocacy.org.uk/horiz-menu-tester.php
(01.01.2006, 17:35)

Al:-
I just ran across your centered left-align horizontal navigation .. I spent 2 days trying to come up with exactly this (and failed!). Thank you so much, your site is stunning. Respect!
(09.01.2006, 10:54)

Chris Klaus:-
I was working on combining this css menu with your MK.3 version of cross browser drop down cascading validating menus. I'm happy to say that combining these works in firefox 1.5.0.2, opera 8.54, and netscape 8.1. I was having trouble with it in IE 7 beta 2.

I final came back to confirm your page on centers for variable width css menus in IE 7 beta 2. I discovered instead that the menu items stack on top of each other. You mentioned you have a way of doing this without the del... Do you know if that solution works on IE 7 beta 2?

Thanks again for the great ideas!
(21.04.2006, 15:44)

Josh:-
I mentioned this in another section, but I believe the problem spans from the unknown widths. Apparently IE7 tries fill the available space when you use width:auto; it does not take into acount the elements that are next to each other, whether floated or not.
(15.05.2006, 21:16)

Josh:-
Well, I was able to fix the problem in IE7b2 with a similar setup by adding a float:left; to the link elements inside of the li elements.

So maybe adding a float to #menu2 a {} would work.
(15.05.2006, 21:48)

Ryan:-
Great technique and great site. Anyone know how to make the <li>'s in a fixed width <ul> (800px for example) expand or contract to always fill the the <ul> so <li>'s can be added or subtracted without having to change any CSS. I'm working on this for a CMS site.
(06.06.2006, 23:56)

Mike:-
I am struggling with an IE7 implementation of the menu. Surely there is a simple workaround, or could someone give me a link to where they have got this working in ie7
(27.07.2006, 09:28)

Boris:-
What does de
display:table;
do?
(14.09.2006, 19:54)

Boris, it does what it says, display as a table. Check with the w3.org to see a full explanation.
(14.09.2006, 20:13)

Malcolm Maclean:-
hi stu

great menu, really useful, quick question for you or anyone else who reads this... is this possible with floated left divs?

i.e. i have got an 800px wide container with any no of divs 150px wide inside is there anyway to get them to centre while being floated?

Cheers!