click gallery mk2 COMMENTS

DavidG:-
This is a really cool gallery tool. One question though, how do I go about getting it to show more than 10 images? I'm thinking of using it for a wedding gallery where there could be a couple hundred pics. Thanks!
(19.02.2007, 17:53)

Aaron:-
This gallery is amazing, but I seem to have a problem. I cannot get text to appear in IE. It works fine in FF and Netscape, and yet, no matter what I do, it won't appear in IE. Is there something I'm missing?
(09.05.2007, 18:00)

Daniel:-
Stu - as always, great work. One question - is there a way to avoid creating thumbnails? When I set the URL on the thumb equal to the actual photo, I just get the upper left hand corner as the thumb. Can I either (a) customize each thumb to grab a specific portion of the photo, or (b) just downsize the photo into a thumbnail size? I hope this made sense.
(11.06.2007, 05:52)

Daniel:-
Stu - let me try to better explain my previous question. Instead of creating a file called "thumb2.jpg", is there a way in CSS to simply downsize the original picture (pic2.jpg)? The HTML equivalent is:

img src="london/pic2.jpg" width="75" height="47"

I'm just trying to find a way to avoid creating (and storing) more photos on the server. Not large photos, but just a hassle to stay organized.

Thanks.
(11.06.2007, 08:32)

Daniel, to do this you will need to take the images out of the stylesheet and place them in the html. www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/photo_simple shows a simple method of using just one image for the thumbnails and full size images.
(12.06.2007, 17:41)

boodito:-
Hello,
I have a page with ajax navigation menu, one of the menu items is a gallery that whenever clicked loads the gallery page (html) into a div element inside the main page.. I've put the style in the head section of the gallery page.. it worked fine with firefox but when it comes to explorer (ie7), it doesn't display the images and the container, instead, the captions of the album photos are displayed as links!!
is there any solution for it?
(22.11.2007, 01:13)

Joe:-
Hi stu - love the idea of this gallery and have been playing with it for a while. What I'd really like to do is to get a click on the thumbnail to load both the image and another div containing a link. Anyway, thanks for the inspiration.
(14.05.2008, 11:18)

Wysiwyg1977:-
Thanks again for another example to learn from. I didn't see any download link or .zip file for this tut, so I guess I'll just rip it from the code.
(12.06.2008, 12:43)

Jim:-
I really like your examples but there appears to be a problem with the code when the page is opened on a MAC. The large picture only stays on the screen while the mouse button is held down.
Is there a fix for this
(17.05.2009, 18:43)

Hi Jim, this is a 'feature' of the Mac mouse. It only registers the mouse click when the button is held down.
(17.05.2009, 19:02)