click gallery mk2 COMMENTS

David:-
This is brilliant, a photo gallery without flash or java and that will be acceptable to those still on dial up, in other words accessible for everyone, and you can display a large number of images on one page without worrying about the download time.

However! - This works in Firefox but IE still seems to preload the images, at least my example does - www.meditate-in-bradford.org.uk/buddhas.htmal Am I missing something? Any advice would be most welcome.
Thanks for your inspirational ideas.
(08.10.2006, 17:19)

David:-
IE seems to download all the picutres on your example as well, not just mine by the way, I don't know if any one else encounters this.
(08.10.2006, 17:26)

David, IE does indeed load all the files but Firefox etc only load the background images when required. IE will display the thumbnails first then download the full size images.
(08.10.2006, 18:06)

David:-
Is there any way to prevent IE loading all the images so it behaves as Firefox does, conditional comments or anything?
I think this makes for a more pleasing experience as you don't have to wait as long for the page to download.
Am I being too fussy here? do most people have broadband nowadays so that size of pages is not not so important?
(08.10.2006, 18:22)

Kike:-
I like this gallery but,
Is there a way to mantain the text in IE until you
click in another thumbnail?
(10.11.2006, 04:07)

Beate:-
I like your photo gallery very much, just as David and Kike.
But ... I would like to see one of the big photos when startig the page
and as Kike I would like to maintain the comment text until I click in another thumbnail.
Could it be possible?
Here you can find my integration in a homepage:
www.ortho-schroers.de/praxisraeume.htm
www.ortho-schroers.de/team.htm
Thank you for your help.
(13.11.2006, 09:30)

westy:-
Hi,
Apologies if this sounds stupid.. While I can click to view the image on the right, The thumbnail does not apper...
Where should i be putting this in the code?? Cheers
(17.11.2006, 18:56)

Have you included the 'common styling' which has all the images held as background url() ?
(17.11.2006, 19:36)

Jesper:-
Just gotta say - love your work.
I have a request/quistion. I would like for all borwsers to have the same behavior as Opera. So that the images appear when I click the mouse, and it disappears when I let go. Would it be possible to make the gallery work in that way?
(07.02.2007, 20:19)

Jesper, unfortunately it cannot work this way in IE. FF etc can use :focus to achieve the same effect, but IE treats :active and :focus in the same way so the image will remain until a second click is made.
(07.02.2007, 20:25)