click gallery COMMENTS

linden, you had a couple of lines missing from the bottom of your stylesheet /* common styling for all galleries */
a.gallery em, a.gallery span {display:none;}
a.gallery:hover {border:1px solid #fff;}
This is the bit that hides the text.
You also needed to tweak the left and top position of the large image because you have an extra thumbnail width (6x2)
www.cssplay.co.uk/test/accellart.html
is the layout as it should be.
(09.12.2006, 21:22)

Marian:-
This examples are great and I'm trying to learn from them to create a portfolio of artwork where the thumbs and images are different sizes. I've managed to get my large image to show when the mouse hovers over thumb but I can't work out how to make the large image stay on screen when the thumb is clicked and the mouse moved away from the thumbs. Thanks.
(22.12.2006, 22:22)

Michael:-
Thanks for the demos... I am working on a gallery project and like the "Click Gallery" example. However, I am serving many galleries using a SQL Database with links to the actual images on the harddrive.

Would you be able to advise me on how best to dynamically build the gallery ( from 1 to 10 images) once I have the image names and the links to them on the harddrive?

Your insights are much appreciated.

Michael
(27.12.2006, 00:59)

Ben:-
Hello Stu,

Thanks for the great site.
I have been using the script you have for the "Views of London" gallery, but I have more albums which I have grouped into 10 images. How could I put all the photo albums on one page, without repeating the CSS code for each one. I would like to group the pictures in folders and the CSS just to grab images from different folders. The images could be named something basic (for example: pic01,pic02,pic03) in each folder.
Could you please help me?

Thanks for your time and effort.

Ben
(02.03.2007, 06:13)

Graham:-
Hi Stu i was just getting my head around css when I came accross your most excellent site. Now "i'm chomping at the bit" in wanting to implement all I can. However Im unsure how to use this photo gallery without the tutorial linked with it . Could you possibly guide me to a "how to" or something . Thanks and lookforward to your reply
Graham
(15.03.2007, 22:09)

Graham, there is a tutorial for this type of gallery on this page www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/gallery.html
just click 'tutorial' at the top of the page.
(15.03.2007, 22:12)

Graham:-
Stu thanks for your prompt reply.
all the best Graham
(17.03.2007, 09:52)

Ben:-
Hello Stu,
Once again thanks for your expertise.
I have posted a question previously, and this is related to that question.

I am using your script of "Gallery for Slow Connections" - Views of London on a site and I like it very much.
I know there can be more done with it to personalize it, and I like that you've kept it quite simple.

My challenge is this:
I have several categories for albums, whic are all on one webpage.
Let's say Category A, Album 1 (with ten pics)
Category A, Album 2 (with ten pics)
Category A, Album 3 (with ten pics)
Category B, Album 1 (with ten pics)
Category B, Album 2 (with ten pics)
Category C, Album 1 (with ten pics)
For each category I have a different background design (eg. Category A - sports design, Category B - music design, ...)
I would like not to repeat the same background design for every 10 pictures, therefor I would like to switch the pictures displayed (with something like tabs)(eg. Album A: pics 1-10, next pics 11-20, after that pics 21-30,...) Would this be difficult to do with CSS?
Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
(27.03.2007, 05:26)

Aaron:-
I seem to have put my comment in the wrong place, as I can't find it... I am using your excellent gallery in a class project (my portfolio, actually), and it seems that text does not appear using IE6. It works perfectly (text and all) under FF and Netscape, but for some reason I cannot figure out, text does not appear in IE6. The page can be found here: www.freewebs.com/tkgg/portfolio Any help would be appreciated.
(09.05.2007, 18:28)

Ben:-

I have a simular problem then Marten and John -> Iôm looking for a way to use more thumbs.. I want to use it with bigger collections, like 50+ pictures, without preloading. Is there a way where you click "1","2","3" etc. and the the first/second/third/.. set of thumbs appear ?
(10.05.2007, 06:28)