click gallery COMMENTS

Richard, I have re-styled these galleries to get back to the original no preloading of the large images. This is on a new page. The link can be found at the bottom of this demonstration.
(03.10.2006, 20:17)

Richard:-
Thanks Stu, Hopefully it will be exactly what I need.

Richard
(04.10.2006, 09:09)

Richard:-
Yep, worked like a dream. I have actually built the page so there are two colums of thumnails on either side of the main page and the image pops up in the middle of them. Looks great too!!

Thanks a lot Stu for firstly sharing your great ideas and also being so helpful when people have queries about them.

I'll put a link back to this site once I have finished.

Richard
(04.10.2006, 10:34)

Kathy:-
I'm thinking that you could combine the click gallery for slow connections (left thumbnails) with the shrink wrapped calendar in place of the thumbnails. That would provide an event calendar with the ability to click on a date & get the details of the event displayed on the right. Calendars are overly complicated online and this would be a popular solution I think. The event details would be where the picture caption is, and the picture could be a small decorative image, or even a transparent gif. Unless it could be done without an image at all? See why I didn't just do it myself??? LOL. If you don't want to try it, feel free to give me a few tips & I'll try to muddle through it.
Great site, thank you.
(18.10.2006, 23:24)

Camilla:-
Hi Stu

Thanks for a great site - I have learned so much from it.

I would like one of the images to display as default instead of the "views of london" text (I am not using any captions).

I tried adding #container_left a.slidea em as you mentioned to Erik but when I do that none of the other images show when you click their thumbs (all you see is the default image). Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Many thanks
Camilla
(20.10.2006, 01:58)

Powermic:-
Whole doesn't work in Opera 9
(20.10.2006, 16:51)

Powermic, it does if you keep the mouse button held down, Opera has a different mouse button action to other PC browsers.
(20.10.2006, 17:37)

linden.mueller@gmail.com:-
First of all, my web design classmates tease me because whenever they ask me something, I always respond with, "You know, I saw something like that on CSSplay..." :) You're awesome.

And apparently, I can't comprehend exactly how awesome you are, because I can't get this to work! See www.accellart.com/see/gal_gallery.htm for an example of the weird problem I'm getting. It looks like the full-size image isn't positioned right, but I can't fix it.

*I have only resized one thumb and one full-size image, so you will mostly see a lot of alt text
*I'm using XHTML 1.0 Strict, and it validates
*At this stage, I've tested mostly in FF
(09.12.2006, 20:12)

linden, the link is broken, is it correct?
(09.12.2006, 20:16)