css slide show COMMENTS

Drew:-
This is brilliant! Perfect for the page that I'm working on. Is there any simple way to make the first tab visible by default when the page loads so the visitor doesn't have to hover to see it, or a way to add in a 'default tab' that appears underneath the whole shebang?
(21.02.2007, 14:55)

Rod:-
It would be great when you click on the picture ... you have the possibility to put of course a pic, but html too ... the idea is to show the content of a blog ... possible ? :) (great stuff)
(24.02.2007, 02:42)

Dan:-
Hello Stu

I also am wondering if it is possible to have the "screen" dropped down full time, or to have one tab open by default. Iâm pretty determined and will more then likely use this code on my website, pending your approval of course
(20.04.2007, 21:35)

fr1sb33bk:-
I am trying to figure out why the css make all vert images change the underlying 4x4 layout when one clicks to view the 480x640 in each of the menu headings. This change makes the row change form and peak itself so that it show a grid around the 480x640 image.

any help would be appreciated
(08.05.2007, 16:10)

Derek:-
Dear Stu,

I'm very much interested in implementing this gallery into my fraternity's website: chiphifsu.com

It is not exactly a personal site, but it is certainly not a commercial one, we are a non-profit student social organization at Florida State University. I plan on making the photo gallery one of the key components of the website, and your gallery would be absolutely perfect. That is with your blessing of course :)

Sincerely,
Derek
dja05c@fsu.edu
(21.07.2007, 21:49)

Lars:-
I have used this gallery type for some time on my personal home page (www.rainless.de) and I'm really happy with it.
Now for a special gallery I need this type with only one tab. The html is easy of course, but the hover effect on the tab is useless and I'd prefer the gallery to be visible all the time.
I thought that the easiest way would be to simply remove the :hovers from the tab-link, but this doesn't work. Worse, whatever I try, the grey border around the thumbnail always fits the thumbnail in width and has a height of only 31px (wherever that comes from).

Is there a straight way to reduce this gallery type to one tab (to keep the same style as the other galleries) and have it visible all the time?
(20.08.2007, 22:27)

Stephanie:-
Hello Stu,

First thanks you a lot to share your talent, and your knowledge, thank you very much, thanks of you, i can use css gallery without javascript!

Sorry for my english, it is scool english....
This message have a reason :

I've a probleme with this gallery. i use it on a friend's site here : www.carolemaurel.com/pages/Digital.html

and other pages in "Illustrations" and "Recherche Design" (you have to click on image to go to the page)
the gallery is fully fonction on firefox and IE7 but on IE 6 it's tchernobyl.....
small images stay, even if the cursor is away, and it's a big bug if we want to change galery...

i'm on that since 5 days, and i can't resolve the probleme.... please help me T_T
you're my last solution !
Stephanie
(20.08.2007, 22:44)

C3r3br0:-
Great code.

I've been trying to get the "Large" image to open up by using thickbox but have been unsuccessful. Any suggestions?
(29.08.2007, 21:33)

C3r3br0:-
Got it working, just down to one problem which is keeping the submenu open after opening the thickbox.

Thanks for the great code.
(30.08.2007, 16:38)

Steve O:-
Hello Stu

This CSS only gallery is fantastic and even easy to alter for those of us who don't grasp the depths of code.

I wanted to use it for a friends site but am having problems with IE7 - this happens on your example too. Bsically, when you click on the thumbnail the large image that pops up does not disappear when clicked on. I can make it change by clicking on other, visible thumbnails, but even if I switch to another menu tab and switch back, the large image is still up. Is this not a common issue?

let me know if this can be solved as I will be happy to make a donation to use it.
(30.09.2007, 21:40)