detailed image map COMMENTS

John Labriola:-
This is a great idea. I can also see this being very useful in the business environment on presentations, org. charts and graphs.
(05.12.2005, 16:33)

Mary:-
Fantastic! Works flawlessly on a Mac, including FF, Safari, and, wonder of wonders, IE 5.2.
(06.12.2005, 06:53)

Mary, thanks for that. I couldn't check on a Mac and thought that there might be a problem with IE but it's nice to know that this is ok.
(06.12.2005, 08:17)

Prajeesh kumar km:-
Excellent and amazing. Here after i can use this for my projects that give a better look ..
thanx a lot.
(06.12.2005, 09:25)

Deb:-
It's a cool concept, but for those with accessibility issues such as impaired vision, it's not very friendly. As a gov't developer, we couldn't implement this without an alternative method to comply with Section 508
(06.12.2005, 18:43)

Jesper Rønn-Jensen:-
Beautiful. I really like what you've done here. Amazing that you have made this work in all those browsers.

However, (guess you can't satisfy all), it doesn't print. Firefox's print preview shows white space where the pictures are.

Anyway, your method is very beautiful and brilliant thought of. Thanks for sharing!
(06.12.2005, 20:17)

Jesper, all that is needed is a print.css file which can be styled to printout as you want.
(06.12.2005, 21:40)

Crisper:-
Only one comment : fantastic
Good continuation in your way to show us what CSS is able to do.
(07.12.2005, 08:46)

For those of you concerned about accessibility and the use of background images, this could also be done with foreground images but would require an extra containing div. This just demonstrates the possibilities of css and is not the only way to do this.
(07.12.2005, 23:54)