drop variation COMMENTS

Mike, this was done to remove the need for a double top menu item. On the menus where the table is enclosed in conditional comments you have the top level menu twice in the xhtml.
This, so I am told, is a problem for screen readers. These will see both items and read them twice.
The new layout only has one top level menu item and is a little easier to style.
(Again there is an error in the xhtml text which I will correct tonight.)
(12.05.2006, 08:19)

Mike Lane:-
Stu,

Thanks for the response! I'm not so confused anymore :D

Mike
(13.05.2006, 15:46)

momotaro:-
I'm trying to figure out how to make this slide up with the menu name bellow! Is there a simple answer to this?
(05.07.2006, 08:03)

DreamGirlB:-
I'm having a problem to get the transparency to work .. it has no problem working when I define the background as an image.. but this menu will be over text.. basically a div. How can I get it to overlay on top of a div? Great menu!
(13.07.2006, 00:13)

martinb:-
Ha, when I first saw the picture I thought it was one of those Visual Studio 2005 ads.
(20.07.2006, 17:41)

Colin:-
Hi Stu! Thanks for a great site. Quick question. I'm playing around with the drop variation menu. Thank you!

Alas it runs perfectly in ie6, but in ie7 for some reason the drop menu doesn't show up when you hover over the top menu items. Like I said it does so correctly in ie6. Ever seen anything like this before? Did I download the wrong files? Have I done something wrong? Any pointers much appreciated, otherwise I might lose some hair! =)

Best,

-Colin
(22.10.2006, 11:04)

Colin, this menu works in IE7. Not sure what would stop it working. It uses the same stylesheet as Firefox etc.
(22.10.2006, 11:40)

Colin:-

Ended up being my bad =)...I didn't declare a DOCTYPE in the page. Thx! Once I did the menu works fine, although the the rest of the page developed some crazy wonky spacing issues. =) Guess I have to get with the times. ;) Thank you!
(22.10.2006, 13:17)

Chris:-
Great site!
I'm attempting to get my menu working for all browsers and I am having some issues with IE6.
After the menu expands and retracts it does not revert back to the background image, instead its just a blank white space.
I tried debugging but I cannot find me error, wanna take a stab at it? www.roos.ca/NEW/homeWorking.php
(31.03.2007, 16:42)

Skyler Call:-
Ryan,

Check again. Stu has now made it so that only one css file is required. Good luck with your SmugMug account. I love mine!
(06.06.2007, 21:39)