dropdown examples COMMENTS

Frank:-
Hello Stu:

I'm having a big positioning problem with Safari (I'm using menu2). Safari wants to place the menu in the top left corner of the UI, so it's obviously ignoring the relative positioning set in CSS. Any ideas why? My CSS:

.menu2 {
/* Using images, not text */
display: inline;
width: 488px;
font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif;
font-size: 10px;
background: #d4cec3;
position: relative;
top: 79px;
left: 156px;
z-index: 10;
}
(25.02.2008, 01:03)

Dimmy:-
Hello stu,

Its bin a while but I got a problem that I did not find the answer to anywhere.

I made a dropdown menu based on one of you first dropdown examples, the difference this time is that i have a 2 row menu with dropdown.
when the outer ul with list items get to big it will break to the 2nd row below the first horizontal row, that is good that is what I want.
but this is the problem the dropdown list from the first row drops behind the 2nd row in IE6 and IE7 in FF it doe appear on top of the 2nd row.
I tried adding z-index to the inner ul but that did not work.
I placed an extra div around the inner ul and gave that one z-index but that did not work eider.
(27.03.2008, 09:09)

Leonid:-
Thank you for the cool stuff. Have played with several of your examples and liked it. Have a question regarding drop-down menus. Has been trying to use several of your examples with css frame layout (from www.dynamicdrive.com/style/). Works great in Firefox 2.0.0.14. There is a little quirk in IE 7. An additional scroll bar appears on the right side of the IE window. Besides some space appears above the content of the scrollable content frame. I've placed a couple of samples at ttfc.alfamoon.com/111_gena/css8.htm
ttfc.alfamoon.com/111_gena/css6.htm
ttfc.alfamoon.com/111_gena/css7.htm
(01.05.2008, 20:41)

Allan:-
hi stu, hope you have not answered before:

in my case the scroll function (menu2) doesn't work on ie6, other browsers perfect. in ie6 it is not possible to select any items that you can't see without scrolling because it jumps back to top right after a scroll-try. why does that happen and are there any fixes? all kinds of fixes are welcome, if you have to break your css only rule :)
(20.05.2008, 16:10)

Allan:-
Oh sorry,looks like it works the first time you use it (or sometimes)? whats the trick here? looks like you have not made it work on the other scrolable menu (the black one)?
(20.05.2008, 16:29)

Archie:-
I am looking at using menu1. Very nice job... I just have one question on what makes the sub menus go to the left vs right. I cannot figure it out in the style sheet.
(16.06.2009, 06:24)

Kent:-

Menu1 works GREAT in FF, IE6 and IE7. The pull-downs mash up in IE8, however. Have you looked at this yet? Thanks for the great menus!
(25.06.2009, 22:43)

Dave S:-
Stu-

Menu1 does not work in IE 8. The drop-downs are all squished together. PLEASE HELP! :)
(27.10.2009, 14:09)

Libby Stark:-
I am a complete novice at Web Design, specifically Dreamweaver, so bear with me. I would like to replicate your Menu #5. How do I do it? Where does the code go - in the Head? As a style sheet? I just can't figure it out. Any help would be most appreciated.
(04.02.2010, 13:16)

Andy:-
Hi there - and many thanks for these examples and for the use of them. I am using the Menu #1 and I am building an application in PHP around it to allow people to generate the menu display. They enter certain parameters and it generates the html based upon your example and the CSS that you created.

The issue that I don't seem to be able to resolve is when I try and put a fourth level (you only go down to three - top line, first drop down and then third is right or left) then it insist on showing the fourth level at the same time as the third.

Now, I'm not sure that I will need to go to four (or more)levels - but, hey - you must know what its like when you're SURE something should work - it just eats away at you!

The test display (to see what I mean) is at hrfcdev.vm.bytemark.co.uk/menutest.php

Many Thanks for your time.
(05.02.2010, 21:21)