dropdown examples COMMENTS

Dominick:-
I am pulling my hair our trying to adjust the fixed width of top level items on menu4. I don't use CSS that much but I would like to know how to do this. Anyone know how? Thanks.
(04.10.2007, 12:55)

Dominick, the width is adjusted in these styles
.menu4 ul li a, .menu4 ul li a:visited {
display:block; text-decoration:none; width:70px; height:30px; color:#000; padding-left:30px; line-height:29px;
}
* html .menu4 ul li a, .menu4 ul li a:visited {
width:100px; w\idth:70px;
}
(04.10.2007, 19:39)

Odell:-
Just got into CSS Menus. Tried Menu#1 - 24 May 2006. Two things. (1) Can you tell me where I can find the Menu1.gif, Divider1.gif & bullet1.gif graphics. (2) The dropdown boxes get hidden behind two column boxes I'm using for text. Is there away around this problem or do I have to move the text boxes down? Please advise.
(27.10.2007, 00:22)

Octavian:-
What would be neccesary to change for the menus to work in IE 7 in transitional doctype instead of strict?

When i change to transitonal, the menus will not drop down, but strict makes my pages look really bad(not really sure why, but i decided to change just the menu instead of a big number of pages).
(08.11.2007, 11:05)

Octavian, these menus will work with transitional doctype without any alterations. Check that your doctype wording is correct. For a list of suitable doctypes see my FAQs page.
(08.11.2007, 12:57)

Octavian:-
Thank you very much for the help! It now works!
(08.11.2007, 13:26)

Douglas:-

Love the site, learned a lot from it.

Using Menu 1 on my site - www.douglasmcgregor.co.uk - the right flyout menus are going beneath images and text, hence the user can't click on them. Was wondering if you have time you might be able to tell me how to fix this?

Thanks!

Douglas
(15.01.2008, 17:49)

Douglas, add the following to the style:
.menu1 {
float:left; width:150%; font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px;
background: url(../images/nav/menu1.gif); repeat-x top left;
border-top:3px solid #4c597f; border-bottom:3px solid #4c597f;
margin:0 0 20px 0; /* for this demo only */
position:relative;
z-index:500;
}
(15.01.2008, 18:24)

Douglas:-
Thanks Stu, it's all working now!
(16.01.2008, 00:30)

Frank:-
Hello Stu:
I have been trying to place the Menu 2 styles within a linked stylesheet, but Firefox doesn't seem to like this at all (IE is OK). It may be the conditional statements. Any idea what may be going wrong here?
(30.01.2008, 22:09)