fixit layout 2 COMMENTS

sophie:-
me again
what's size of the background picture is the best to apply the code someone said that 1430x1016 px is well what's your opinion?
thanks for answer
(19.09.2007, 13:15)

sophie:-
hi, everything works how do you get the white background for the content?
thanks
(20.09.2007, 10:23)

Lynne:-
What a great inspiration you are. I have been trying to get the 'back to basics2' (IE not required to be in quirks mode) working on a site I have been updating. I had an issue with the center content section being pushed up under the header in ie6. I adjusted the css to have the content start 100px from top (top:100px;). Also had the left nav start 100px from top. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue? And, if so, what they did or am I the only one who has this issue. Anything wrong with my approach to correct the problem?
Thanks and regards from San Francisco.
(07.11.2007, 21:14)

Ellen:-
Hey Stu & Kate,

I almost know your fixed layouts by heart, although I do not understand them fully. But using layout 3 I discovered that it is not fixed in IE7 at all! Enlarging the font let the foot disappear. Can it be fixed? I hope you can fix it !
(06.03.2008, 21:22)

Arie:-
Stu, you use an IE-hack on your css-page, in order to separate non-IE (position: fixed) from IE (position: absolute). But you can use 'absolute' for both IE and non-IE, see
www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31661

Arie Molendijk.
(14.05.2008, 23:44)

Eben:-
Hi,

Great work on the layouts!

Just a quick question, I'm using fixed layout 2 and trying to add a RIGHT nav bar, like the one on the LEFT.

What is the most elegant way of doing this?
(25.03.2009, 17:34)

AA:-
Thank you for posting this and trying to help us learn it.
(27.04.2009, 02:52)

May:-
Wow, what a lovely piece of work you have here, Stu. I've been running dry on ideas for a new website template for a little while now; would you mind if I took some inspiration from this one? Of course, I do not mean that I will steal it or anything of the sort, but it is lovely idea to have an almost frame-like layout, and I will be sure to link back to you, of course.
(30.03.2011, 05:31)

This layout is free to use as you wish.
(30.03.2011, 09:25)

Mint:-
Hi stu,
Can this be use in iphone page?
(13.04.2011, 01:48)