fixit layout 2 COMMENTS

Sara, all my layouts are free to use as you wish, just replace the graphics with your own.
(12.01.2007, 08:48)

Sara:-
Thanks very much, just wanted to double check! :)
(13.01.2007, 03:05)

Myra:-
Stu,

You're the best. I've used your menus before (and always credit you on the websites). Now I'm looking at your layouts...

I love the fixed layout 2, with the stationary menu areas and the scrolling content section.

Question: Is it possible to have layout 2 scroll both vertically (as it now does) AND horizontally?

Thanks very much.

Myra
(24.03.2007, 22:46)

Bruno:-

my problem:
1. I do have a page with a fixed header
2. there is an anchor on that page with padding-top = height of header
3. FF puts the anchor directly beneath the header and jumps to it - that is what I want
4. IE 7 seems not to recognize the padded anchor, jumps to top of page, under the header

How can I force IE 7 to work like FF?
(12.05.2007, 22:56)

Robin:-
Someone on this comments section was struggling with a center layout. I have cracked it.

View: www.cleanroomtape.com
(20.07.2007, 01:14)

lex:-
very good layout. how did you cut out the picture on the right size for the main frame?
greets from holland
(24.07.2007, 09:01)

Robin:-
Iex:

Not sure I understand the question? Could you elaborate a bit? Tks.
(25.07.2007, 00:16)

Robin:-
Iex:

Perhaps you mean the fixed background? It is 1430px wide by 1016px tall. Here is the process I used to determine the size:

I researched current monitor resolutions and found that only about .78% of users are surfing at 1600 x 1200 resolution - so I set that as my target size since I am assuming a few years before resolutions increase beyond that. I then reset my own monitor to that res, took a screen shot of my browser fully maximized with the sidebar on (I use Mozilla) and copied the screenshot into photoshop.

I carefully sliced away the browser gui and voila! I had my background image size.

Hope this helps.

One other thing, I was noticing a problem with the css I used to center the content areas in IE 6 - a wierd, random jumping effect, so I found a different solution, tested it, and it is now posted at the URL above. Works perfectly in the following browsers:

PC: IE 6, Moz 1.7.12, Netscape 7.1, Opera 7.23
Mac: Safari 2.0.3, Netscape 7.2

Thanks to Eric Maziade over at www.inthemaze.net for researching a far superior css horizontal centering method than the one I was using previously.
(25.07.2007, 02:09)

Jo:-
I would like to say thank you for sharing your work here, and hope to see more in the future when you have available time.
I don't currently have any questions, but if I do I will come again & hope you will be kind to assist :)
cheer's.
(30.08.2007, 12:50)

sophie:-
hi stu,
I'll try your css code, tell me the javascript at the end is for what?
thanks