fixit layout 2 COMMENTS

Hi Rob, it's a pity that Portland are not what they used to be :( But I am pleased with this site and it is doing quite well :)
(27.09.2006, 19:32)

Rob F:-
Using this layout I've done a test page for my current home page at www.colin-forbes.co.uk which is at www.colin-forbes.co.uk/cssplaylayout.html
But I've noticed that when I float an image to the right I lose 18px off the header and footer. I know this is because I've failed to understand the CSS box model and inheritances (!), but how can I fix it?
Thanks
(27.09.2006, 21:07)

Hi Rob, If you mean the 18px right margin then this will be there whether you have right floated images or not. This is a gap for the scroll bars when necessary.
If an image is floated right then it will be spaced off the right side by this 18px gap.
(27.09.2006, 22:38)

Jeff Watts:-
Hi Stu - great advice. I came here looking for a method to load the links in the 'nav' div into the 'words right' div. Framelike, but without using frames. Only CSS, in order to keep the same nav bar across multiple content. Is there a method for this?
Jeff
(20.10.2006, 03:31)

Tony:-
Hi Stu, thanks for the great layout examples.
I'm on my from tables to CSS and there's a lot to learn.
I tried to extend the 100% height layout to one with 100% width. Bit I can't get it to work. Sometimes it works in IE but breaks in FF. Maybe I'm trying to do something that isn't possible. Here's a picture what I want to achieve:
www.oosterhoff.nu/pws/images/Layout.gif.
Is this possible and can you give some hints how to achieve this?
Thanks!
(20.10.2006, 08:37)

Suze:-
You are the God of CSS!

Thank you so much for your never-ending help :D
(20.11.2006, 18:02)

Joseph Thayne:-
I am not sure if I need permission to use this layout, but I would like permission to use it on my site. I am creating a community for free church sheet music and would like to use this layout. Thank you.
(04.12.2006, 17:51)

Joseph, the layout styling is free to use with no restrictions, all I ask is that you don't copy the images as well :)
(04.12.2006, 18:45)

Joseph Thayne:-
No problem. Thank you.
(04.12.2006, 19:46)

Sara:-
Hi, is it possible to adapt this layout and code for a site I'm working on? :) Thanks!
(12.01.2007, 05:51)