fixit layout 2 COMMENTS

Craigo:-
Stu: Thank you very much for making this layout available. I am a beginner at css and was increasingly frustrated at how to get the fixed frame look across platforms. Still testing but it's looking good. Very very good. One question though: It appears the code's syntax varies a lot. Is this by design or does it depend on other variables, i.e. #ofPints_sipped? <grin> thanks again!
(02.09.2005, 00:16)

Ehi Akwara:-
Stu, I am trying to make this layout fixed width at 1024px for a large-format/broadsheet-style magazine. How can I apply this width without breaking it up or adding scrollbars to the wrong element (html, body or content?) To further shed light, please peek at this if you can. Thanks for all your work. I t has been a resource for me repeatedly. Truly a playground!
(20.10.2005, 14:05)

david_fr:-
hi,
i'm making a little site with you're script.
thank it's very great,you can see my page a :http://chartes-vitrail.david28.info/index.php?affiche=Accueil
i've got a mistake with my page guestbook (livre),
see what' appening in this drowing : http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image20hu.jpg
are you a solution to fix this IE bug ?
Thank and sorry for my english !!
(13.12.2005, 08:43)

Matthew M:-
Great inspiration! It is also possible to use position: absolute throughout to avoid * html hack. Simply position head & foot absolute left: -18px. Bonus: screen resize in IE does not push title under left div. I did a similar trick pushing down left div and got rid of its pad altogether. BTW an extra div sized in ems around title and its pad will prevent it folding under. Tested on Moz 1.6 and IE6. I wish I could test on a Mac...
(08.01.2006, 00:28)

Denis:-
I hope there is a simple solution to this situation... when I use the French language, as content, all of the accented letters are lost. In IE, the accented letters, such as é, è,ô,à, appear as empty squares. In FF1.5, they appear as question marks. How do I input French content??
(11.01.2006, 23:42)

Newbie:-
Is there a way to change it so there is max width? Instead of the width going 100%, can I limit to 1024px? I want to use a 1024*768 pic but don't want those who use higher resolution to go out of bound and not get a pic.
(17.01.2006, 16:35)

Aaron:-
After reading about it for the 10th time, I had to post. Stop asking about the FF bug... read the thread first... argh!

ps. your examples are great. thank you and keep it up.
(18.03.2006, 13:10)

Paul:-
Why are you declaring divs as display: block? That's the default styling for div; have you found it necessary for some older browsers?

Thanks for your good work~
(11.04.2006, 19:06)

Ken D:-
Stu - This is terrific stuff. Some sites (like mine) have three navagational elements: one in the headder, another in the left sidebar, but also a third sub-menu for a page. Is there a way of putting this third nav. element into a fixed element so the contents of the page scroll underneath?
(12.08.2006, 10:22)

Rob F:-
Hi Stuart, I remember you from Portland Portal days. This is a great site - your best yet. I am now inspired to update my tawdry old web site! Cheers.
(27.09.2006, 17:49)