fixit layout 2 COMMENTS

John A:-
Page is http://all-inentertainment.com/requestinfo.php. Compared to http://all-inentertainment.com/requestinfo.htm. Got them closer, but apparently there's some issue with word wrap within tables on Mozilla? Can you use CSS to do forms?
(21.01.2005, 02:32)

ryan@ryanbackman.net:-
It seems as if the footer can't be shorter than 40px without creating a gap below the scroolbar and bottom of the footer. This is using the scrollbar in Mozilla but not IE. Still an FF bug?
(01.03.2005, 23:15)

s-pirin:-
Thanks Stu for that inspiring piece of CSS. It's a nice "bulletproof" alternative for frames-lovin' customers! Can someone inform us how these layouts look in different MAC-Browsers? Thanks!
(05.03.2005, 18:17)

Stephan:-
Well done Stu,
Unfortunately these days one cannot assume a browser scrollbar being 18px wide. On my WinXp platform I already noticed a few px difference between IE and FF, let aside special themes that size up/down scrollbars.
(09.03.2005, 10:51)

Geoff W.:-
Is there a way to force the scrollbar to go overtop the header and footer if I change the 18px to 0px (or if the scrollbar happens to be wider than 18px)?

Thanks for posting all your work for everyone to learn from, by the way. It's been a great help!
(21.03.2005, 18:39)

Zhang Weiwu:-
Stu: You said this is a known bug in FF, can you point out the bug id or provide a link to that bug? Because I wish to track the progress in fixing the bug:)
(28.04.2005, 03:01)

Zhang Weiwu:-
Sorry for not being clear, when I talk about the 'known bug' I was mensioning "GZ: Inspiring use of CSS. One problem though: I can't mouse scroll in Firefox. Mouse scroll works in IE6."
(04.01.2005, 01:28)
(28.04.2005, 03:12)

Zhang Weiwu, the bug is here https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=97283 - - Only fixed in Netscape 8 (9/01/2005) - - A FF fix is promised in release 1.1 which was due in March.
(30.04.2005, 09:06)

Kay H.:-
stu, your header image (topclown.jpg) and left-side image (sideclown.jpg) actually do not line up. I have the same problem but it is much more apparent in my case. The header image begins 18px to the left of zero (due to the right 18px absolute positioning of #head) while the left side image starts at 0. It appears easy to fix by adjusting the side image to the left or by adding 18px of length to the left edge of the top image. But I'm curious, is there a way for the top image to begin at 0 but also be shifted left 18px at the same time? Seems a contradiction but I'm a complete newbie to html/css so I thought I would ask. - - Your examples of this type of design is about the only one I could find - thank you for sharing it with us!
(25.05.2005, 22:57)

Kay H, just make the background image with an 18px wide left border and then set position as background-position:-18px 100px;
(25.05.2005, 23:24)