fixit layout 3 COMMENTS

Christopher Boomer:-
I note you have used definition lists on this layout rather than unordered lists. You comment that you can 'define' the menu item for text only browsers, but do not follow through on this by presenting the information in (say) the title attribute for other browsers.

I have been looking into this in a slightly different way, using the menu name as the term tag and 'defining' the menu underneath. This approach extends through nesting, but I have been having trouble hiding the text of this whilst leaving the option of styling the top of the menu. Maybe you could chew on that notion?
(05.07.2004, 11:23)

Hi Christopher, There are a couple of Definition list menus under 'Menus' that are produced using <dt>Title</dt> with the defining items in <dt>s. I believe this is what you are after.
(06.07.2004, 11:42)

Stephen Baxter:-
I think this is one of the best layouts I have found on the web - hardly anyone else seems capable of using css in such an advanced, yet easy to follow way. I will be using the frames without frames technique in my website; I'll send you a link when it's done. (But sadly, I have to throw Javascrpit all over header and menu bar!) Your suggestions and methods are the smoothest and most professional I have seen - and I love the look of the site ! Keep it up.
(27.07.2004, 00:23)

Thanks Stephen, your comments are very much appreciated.
(27.07.2004, 17:07)

Geoff:-

I've been playing around a bit with this layout and it's having a problem rendering in IE 6.0. I probably crossed my eyes when entering it all and got something mixed up, but I can't seem to find it.

It seems that in IE, the border sizes in the "* html content" are ending up over-top the header and left-side. You can view the problem here:

Any idea what I might have entered incorrectly?
(15.09.2004, 14:25)

Geoff - The body background image will not show in IE because the content borders are not transparent so the cover the image. On my version I have put the background images in the header and the left div and matched them up to look like a background image.
(15.09.2004, 19:35)

Anonym:-
Thanks. I should have thought of that myself.

While I have you here, how do you prefer to be credited for the css?
(16.09.2004, 02:02)

Geoff, no need to credit css. But always happy to have a link back if possible.
(16.09.2004, 08:18)