fixit layout 4 COMMENTS

Jeffrey, all layouts of this type will have problems with printing using the 'screen' css.
What you wil need to do is produce a separate css file for 'print'.
This will allow you to specify how the content is printed, what is printed and where page breaks will be made.
(29.01.2007, 19:24)

Jeffrey Bollman:-
Stu,
Thanks for the tip.

Obviously I was looking for a one-size css file that fits all. That is definitely *not* my solution in this case.

I have already started my endeavor to create an appropriate "print-my-page-nicely.css" file.

Once again, I appreciate your time and efforts to help resolve lots of "little" issues that come up for many folks out here.

Jeffrey Bollman
gmt -6:00
Lincoln, Nebraska USA

(must be time for supper at your house!?!)
(30.01.2007, 17:41)

Dave Bergschneider:-
Hey Stu,

I've been playing with this layout and seem to have hit the wall with the borders method.

I'm wondering if there is a way to do this layout without the larges borders for IE7 & FF (disregarding IE6 of course)? The example I have works correctly in FF.

www.truimage.net/layout.html
(12.04.2007, 20:04)

Dave Bergschneider:-
I managed to figure it out. Not sure what I did differently but it works now.
(13.04.2007, 16:50)

KVAKOS:-
Hello Mr. Stu !
I´m wondering that CSS is so powerfull I can´t even imagin. I have know before a few tricks but this website has a tons os usefull tricks. I was especially surporised that a rollmenu is possible to construct also for IE without usage of Javascript. I was convinced that IE can only make rollmenu with using Javascript. I came from Czech Republic and I thing that nobody in my country knows about it.
(10.05.2007, 23:44)

Justin:-
Dear Stu, is there a way of centering the multi-column layout? (e.g. add a wrapper div that uses margin: 0 auto to do the centering)? I have tried all sorts of stuff, but either the 4 columns vanish, or the centering doesn't work. Do you have any ideas?
(12.10.2007, 23:03)

Rene Ros:-
Unfortunatly this layout doesn't work with iPhone's Safari. And with printing a page with FireFox 3.6.2 only the first page is printed.
(28.03.2010, 12:47)

Eli:-
Thank you very much! The
html {
height:100%;
max-height:100%;
[..] }
helped me a lot, I was missing that point and wondering why the f*** things wont work within my page.
(19.08.2010, 16:11)

Bell:-
Hi Stu, thanks for the great sample! I was wondering about one thing, but didnt find a solution: Would this also be possible without the absolute-positioning of the columns? Because, if you resize the page to something very small, the header is "over" the content of the pages.. Would be nice to have a possibility to make the columns stick below the header, no matter what size the header actually has.
(11.01.2011, 18:01)

jayjay_seal:-
Hey Stu! Thanks for the /layouts/body5.html template... it made a difference in understanding CSS better! ;-)
(08.11.2015, 11:46)