fixit layout 4 COMMENTS

Linda:-
Stu, this is a fantastic layout. I am starting a publishing web site and have been looking for something like this. I will definitely give you credit, if you don't mind me adapting your code. I didn't see anything about being able to use the like, like you have on the other pages of your site.
(11.01.2006, 01:11)

Linda, you may use any of my layout styles, but not the images as they are copyrighted and you would need to get permission from their owners. Good luck with your site.
(11.01.2006, 08:06)

PRom:-
Bien, bastante interesantes los ejercicios con css
(24.04.2006, 11:02)

Terry T.:-
I could use a way to make any one of the columns in the fixed layout version 4 a specific pixel width and not a percentage so I can insert a dynamic calendar that needs to be a fixed size.
(27.05.2006, 17:58)

Jansie Blom:-
hi. I recently started building websites. 4 months ago i didn't have a clue how to build one, or anything about html, not to even mention css. but we saw a gap in the market, and i like the idea of jumping in the deep end and pretending to swim. so we started The Big Fish website development and marketing company. now, it seems, i've come across the lance armstrong of web design. 0r better suited to where i stay (Jeffreys Bay in south Africa), the kelly slater of web design. i am dying to use your code stu. but i see it's got copyright on it. does this mean i am only allowed to download your sites to my hard drive and drool? i had NO idea css is so powerful and versatile. may your answer be favourable to my ears. thanks for the coffee.
(14.06.2006, 12:42)

Condor:-
Reply to BW:

You can create this layout wihtout putting IE into quirks mode by using expressions.

See: www.fu2k.org/alex/css/frames/standards_mode
(19.07.2006, 15:28)

Michael:-
Mazel tov Stu. Why do you publish your code in a line by line way (meaning opened and closed on same line # usually) ?

Thanks for a ton of really interesting ideas.
(22.09.2006, 13:31)

Michael, I tend to publish the styles in a line bcause I find them easier to read and it saves all the scrolling to find what you want.
(22.09.2006, 13:40)

PaulL:-
Well done on the fabulous reference site.
I am trying to use your 'fixed' layout version 3 (body4.html) but seem to be having a problem with anchors in the content section where the header disappears.
www.moondrops.co.uk/n.html#mid
shows the problem
www.moondrops.co.uk/n.html
shows the correct layout
If you or anybody else has any ideas Iwould really apprecite it.
Thanks
Paul..
(19.12.2006, 15:55)

Jeffrey Bollman:-
Hello Stu. Great work again.

I seem to be noticing a theme regarding printing of single column flowing text pages vs. multi-column flowing text pages.

The single column pages print (& print preview) fine, however, the multi-column pages seem to stop on page 1.

Am I missing something... is there some additional code needed to allow the printing of the complete text?

Thanks for the assist / suggestions.

Jeffrey Bollman