fixit layout 4 COMMENTS

Liz:-
I love you, I've been trying to do this forever, but with only two center columns - easy enough to change...THANKS SO MUCH
(11.06.2004, 14:28)

Mike:-
I didn't want to use frames for a PIM-style web-app interface, and was about to toss myself out the window, but someone at CSScreator.com's forum sent me a link, and aside from presenting me with something very helpful, you've really opened my eyes to some very amazing, practical, and, best of all, validating methods of doing things that used to require workarounds or were impossible. Thanks.
(11.07.2004, 22:24)

I'm glad I stopped you throwing yourself out that window :) Pleased to help.
(11.07.2004, 22:36)

maghalat.com:-
marvelous
(17.09.2004, 09:39)

Manuel:-
When I put the line
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
into my document, my browser says
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/w ww/doc/668 0/~~mydomain.de~~/ww w/news/work.php on line 1

when i leave it out, the document doesn't work properly in my IE. what can i do? do i have to modify the httpd.conf or something??

Very thank you!!
(22.09.2004, 20:24)

Manuel,this is a known problem with php and xml. Both start with <? and in your case the first line is treated as php and causes an error.
The way round this is to make it into a php line to print the xml declaration.
<?php echo "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>n"; ?>
This is well documented on the web so if you are not sure have a quick search on Google.
(29.09.2004, 14:27)