flyout menu COMMENTS

Michael:-
Thanks for your code. I downloaded the vertical flyout menu and it works fine in IE7 but I don't see it the flyout and a machine that only has IE6 running. Also my pages are cold fusion. Any thoughts?
(13.12.2007, 23:25)

Richard:-
I love this example. Is there a download available for the style sheets?
(21.02.2008, 21:17)

fede:-
Hello,
I try this example and it works great in Firefox, IE 6, IE 7, but whit IE 5 doesn't work.
When I try the mouse over the menu the sub menu doesn't open.
why?
Fede
(04.03.2008, 08:48)

Lara:-
I am trying to use the 'A CSS only validating flyout menu - NO javascript' (www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/flyoutt.html) tutorial and am not understanding how you make use of the xhtml file for the menu. I viewed the source on the page to see where you reference the xhtml file for your page and do not see it. Can you please explain. Thanks.
(22.08.2008, 20:58)

Harrison:-
Tried using A CSS only validating flyout menu - NO javascript
In IE6, it makes a complete mess, putting the sub-menus at the top of the page, for example. I'm using css_play.cc, flyout.css, and flyout_ie.css, and getting a menu system that is useless. I've tried taking all the html from your page and loading that into Dreamweaver, so the code is identical to your site, but still no joy. Seems to me that more is needed than just the two css files you specify (flyout and flyout_ie).
(23.10.2008, 12:40)

Harrison, check that you have a standards compliant doctype and that you are not using a standalone version of IE6 on the same PC as IE7 or IE8. Dreamweaver will mess up my code as will most web editor packages. This system works in IE6 and the later flyout versions only use one stylesheet for all browsers.
(25.10.2008, 15:02)

Deborah:-
Great work Stu! I have been able to get this up and running in very short order.
(06.05.2009, 21:39)

Scott:-
Hello-

I just have a question about using the conditional comments for IE so that I can understand better how they work. As an example, in the XHTML code, the 2nd level list items for the DEMOS option are all listed, with HOVER/CLICK as the last one. After the HOVER/CLICK option comes the IE conditional comment for that option that basically displays the same thing, only it's used for IE exclusively. My question is, since the conditional comment comes after the original list item for HOVER/CLICK, why doesn't HOVER/CLICK show up twice in IE? It seems to me that the IE browser would read the original list item and also the one for the conditional comment, thus displaying it twice. I noticed there is no "hide" class in the IE CSS you created, but IE should still display that item, just not display the "hide" styles.

I know your code works in IE 6 because I've tested it. So, why does it work, and not display the conditionally commented items twice?
(10.05.2009, 17:23)

This menu should not be used for any serious work as it uses my original method dating back several years now.
IE6 only sees the top HOVER/CLICK within the conditional comments.
The IE specific stylesheet has the following styles:
.menu ul li a.hide, .menu ul li a:visited.hide {display:none;}
.menu ul li a:hover ul li a.hide {display:none;}
(10.05.2009, 18:12)

Jean Paul:-
how can i download this css menu please email me on nizzujpc@gmail.com
(11.06.2009, 14:31)