flyout menu COMMENTS

Meza:-
Can this menu support more than 3 levels? I have tried to extend mine to 4 levels but on hovering over a level 2 item with children to levels 3 and 4, both 3 and 4 display at the same time.
help?!
(03.05.2007, 10:00)

Nick:-
Hi Stu

I wondred if it is possible to make a colourd 1px border. I can make a border, but it is the double width between two boxes.

Nick, DK
(01.06.2007, 23:05)

Marc T:-

i tried to use one of your Flyout Menus(Crossbrowser Flyout Menu), and everything worked fine in FF,Opera and IE 6, but my Problem is IE 7. I just don't get my mistake...So my question, is there some special tag wich has to be included to make it work with IE 7? I changed some values for my design, but that can't be the Problem (can it?) and tried to copy everything else, but it does not work.
Thx for your help and your great work!

Marc
(07.08.2007, 13:46)

Marc, your problem is probably because you are not using a standards compliant doctype. See my FAQs for a link to the w3c list of DTDs.
(07.08.2007, 17:22)

Marc T:-
Thx!
I had no doctype installed yet, but now it works fine!
Thx, Marc
(08.08.2007, 09:38)

Laurie:-
Hello--

I'm trying to use the vertical flyout menu, and it works great in Firefox and IE 6, but in IE 7, the flyouts disappear before you can mouse over them. I've got a DTD (XHTML Transitional) at the top of my page. I changed the conditional comments from IE 6 to IE 7 because when they were IE 6, the menu didn't appear at all in IE 7. The menu I've created is 150 px wide, and the flyouts have a left margin that's 1 pixel less than the main menu, so theoretically, there's overlap. Is there something else going on with IE 7?

Thanks for the great menu!
(13.09.2007, 20:05)

Laurie, the conditonal comments should not be altered for IE7. They should remain as my example. The normal reason for not working in IE7 is the doctype, but if you have used xhtml transitional exactly as on the w3c.org website (see my FAQs) then it should be ok, make sure that the dtd is not a 'cut-down' version. The other reason for the flyout disappearing is that there is a gap of 'unhovered' state between the top level list and the flyout levels.
(13.09.2007, 21:13)

Laurie:-
Thanks much for your help! I finally figured out what was wrong. I had the correct DTD, but I'm also using ColdFusion. On our development server is a free copy of CF. It puts a meta tag at the top of each file it serves up that's before the DTD, messing up the DTD. So once I moved the files onto our live server, the menu worked perfectly in IE 7. Again, thanks for the great menu and the help!
(05.10.2007, 19:44)

Guru:-
Stu, wonderful menu...had been searching for this from ages!

I have a problem. If I put background image for sub menu items sub menus dont appear in IE6. Works fine in firefox, IE7 and opera. I've put recommended DTD. Any idea?

Thanks again for your wonderful work.
Guru
(28.10.2007, 11:54)

Z:-
This code works beautifully in FF, but in IE6 I can't get the subs to "flyout". If you have the time, can you just view the short codes I have on www.hcc-sa.org & www.hcc-sa.org/iemenu.css
I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a lot. :)
(21.11.2007, 04:27)