flyout menu COMMENTS

david:-
continuing the above: in mozilla, the menu comes out behind the table it is near, as in the layer behind...would settng the layer fix this
(24.03.2006, 00:09)

david:-
hey yo man. i had a similar problem in IE 6. it seemed to bug out when the mouse went below the last item in the main main menu.
(24.03.2006, 00:11)

david:-
ps the sequence of these comments seems strange. my new comment is placed in the middle, for example. is month and day being confused?
(24.03.2006, 00:13)

Ringo, this menu uses nest unordered lists with li:hover for all browsers except Internet Explorer. IE uses nested unordered lists with nested tables and a:hover. There is no javascript and no behaviors used, only css. The css and html are now clearly shown. There is also a tutorial on Krazy Korners that might be of use.
(24.03.2006, 12:23)

Volker:-
Hi Stu, your menu works fine, thank you. But when I try to expand the menu to width: 200px the submenus are still 105px (only in IE). What can do?
Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Germany ;-)
(29.03.2006, 10:36)

Volker:-
Sorry, me again.
The submenus are 200px but I can't fix them right beside the mainmenu. They begin at 105 px and most of it is hidden under the mainmenu.
Any idea?
(29.03.2006, 10:50)

david:-
concerning the problem of it not working when held in a table, i found that the culprit is the overflow:hidden for .menu ul li a, .menu ul li a:visited lines. take that out and it works.
(30.03.2006, 03:08)

Volker:-
Thank you David for your help. I deleted the overflow:hidden and increased the value of width and left about 50px. But the result is the same: most of the submenu is hidden. Another tip?
(30.03.2006, 06:52)

david:-
volker: when you changed the left:105px; values:

did you change all four?
did they move at all?
did you check for typos?
did you remmember to put a ';' at the end of it.
did all browsers behave the same?
i had to set it to a very large value, like 350px, or 50%, and then i worked my way backwards to get it where i wanted. I mystyped px at least twice. i deleted the semi-colon also by mistake.

good luck
(31.03.2006, 12:44)

I have updated the style sheets to show how to change the widths of the sub levels.
(04.04.2006, 23:38)