gradient magnifier v2 COMMENTS

GaryBadger:-
Excellent work Stu. When I first saw the image zoom I almost expected a 'zoom' sound effect, like the computers on CSI cop shows always seem to have when they enlarge an image or magically enhance a grainy photo to display a car licence plate! Seriously though, this may have some really good applications for photo gallery / thumbnail pages.
(27.05.2006, 00:35)

desNotes:-
I, too, am impressed with themagnifying effect. I haven't looked at the CSS in detail yet but a thought just came to me regarding the process. I would like to have the full size image display the front of a subject on the left half and on the right side would display the subject from the back. When the image displayed without magnification it would only display the left side (front) and ten display both sides when magnified. Seems like it should be possible. Just a thought.
(27.05.2006, 17:01)

Freddy:-
I keep coming back here to your site Stu. This magnifier css is a reminder to as why.

Great, no, amazing work.
(06.06.2006, 16:29)

Inigo:-
Hello from Belgium.
I copied your magnifier and wrote a tutorial in French for other people (with a link to your site).
inigo.over-blog.net//article-3093312.html
Thank you.
(23.06.2006, 22:45)

Roy:-
It works in Netscape 8.1, but has the same problem as Internet Explorer (need to move the mouse). Good work by the way.
(27.06.2006, 21:57)

Webdawson:-
this is really awesome - never thought that something like this is possible only with css.
You are my hero :)
Greetings from Vienna!
(08.08.2006, 10:33)

A fix for IE7 coming shortly
(05.02.2007, 10:12)

Danny:-
Hey Stu!

I dunno why, but every time I mouse over, and the lil birdie zooms, make me giggle lol.

I have a few ideas on what can be done with this, if I'm able to put something together, I'll post back.

And of course, you rock... always the best examples, always testing the boundaries ;-)

Danny
(03.04.2008, 22:32)

pj:-
(quote-begin) "This works in Firefox and Opera v8.54, and almost makes it in IE5.5, IE6, IE7 and Opera 9.1. Again, feedback on other browsers would be appreciated." (quote-end)

hey, stu . . . really enjoy all your css-demos . . . quite imaginative in some.

the image enlarges to full size in all my browsers :
opera 9.52
firefox 3.0
ie 8.0 (also ie 7*)
safari 4-beta
chrome 2-beta

*works in ie 7 using the ie 8 'developer' tools.

just fyi . . . in all the above browsers (except firefox) . . . depends which part of the thumbnail you hover . . . nearer the center means larger the image.

pj