image map menu COMMENTS

David:-
Sorry to keep bothering you. Am I along the right lines of something like this: #imap dd a:active span {display:block;}
(26.08.2005, 11:44)

David:-
yyyeeessssss, got it working thanks for the help matey
(26.08.2005, 11:52)

David, ok glad it is working. Just as a further guide I have added the click state to the Beatles example here.
(26.08.2005, 11:59)

David:-
Something that took me a few hours took you minutes :op Oh well I'm learning... Is it possible to put a link inside the span text? When I try the link text is visible on the map. eg <span>Paul McCartney - <a href='#'>Bass Guitar and Vocals</a></span>
(26.08.2005, 12:28)

David, ah....now you're taking it too far ;o) Nesting links in links is asking for trouble and it wont work....well there is a way but it gets very complicated. It requires two entirely different methods for IE and Firefox etc and can be seen in action here.
(26.08.2005, 13:08)

David:-
Again thank you very much. I wrapped my link in a table and it works a treat. If you are ever in Nottingham a drink or two can come your way :oD
(26.08.2005, 14:05)

Cheers David, this will only work in IE though.
(26.08.2005, 14:26)

David:-
It is working in FF for me, as well as IE. Not going to complain about that :o)
(26.08.2005, 16:08)

David:-
aha, or should that be the links display but you cannot click them.
(26.08.2005, 16:22)

John R:-
I feel like a kid in a toyshop. Great stuff. Thank you.
In Image Map Menu, can you explain why the backslash in 'he\ight:0;'
(08.01.2006, 18:31)