image replacement COMMENTS

stuart jackson:-
stu is saving the money as might on july fixing up anyway from stuart jackson
(29.03.2006, 13:18)

Horace:-
Stu, I love your site. You inspired me a lot and I'm sure one day I'll use some of your ideas. I'd like to donate when that day comes, but I'm a third-world country citizen according to PayPal, so I may have problems doing so. If you could use e-gold I wouldn't waiver a sec! :-)

But, after that preface of praise, a comment to this demonstration. Firefox uses non-linear scaling (in contrary to Opera for instance) - i.e. it resizes the TEXT ONLY. Therefore after a big zoom in, the text is visible under that CSS-styled image.

Still I got no idea yet how to improve this bit.

Take care!
(25.07.2006, 23:12)

Horace, all that is needed is for the image to have enough whitespace around it to cover any enlargement of the text. My image has some whitespace but obviously not enough for extreme text sizes.
(25.07.2006, 23:29)

Nik:-
This seems to suffer from a flicker when you rollover the link tho? It displays the text for a split-second on the first load of the page when you rollover. But then it's ok?
(05.09.2006, 12:27)

Oliver:-
Great work Stu. For the Image Replacement demo is it possible to invoke either an active focus or the same image replacement that you get on mouseover via tabbing?
(30.12.2006, 13:52)

JSA:-
Stu,

First of all thank God for you.

Second, I'm wondering why my nicely replaced FIR navigational images with rollover text are leaping about in Firefox:

jsalowe.com/dad/index.html

Does it have to do with default position:static, does anyone think? They jump around horribly on a:hover and a:active...and I can't suss out why.

Thanks for any advice!
(10.03.2007, 22:57)

JSA:-
Never mind, dear souls...I just moved the text to the top of the images, inserted a break and it seems to have solved itself! But thanks nonetheless--
(11.03.2007, 00:22)

Thangavel L Nathan:-
Hi Stu !
Excellent creative stu , now i came to know about the power of CSS . I Like this site very much .
(17.04.2009, 17:43)

Ryan:-
Hi Stu!

Your page is excellent. I am attempting to use your sliding list click gallery and I was wondering how you might go about making the images clickable as well?
(01.06.2010, 02:38)

Yasser Furaz Ahmed:-
Yas: Hi Stu
your css photo galleries are tremendously magnificent. But can you do photo gallery with css as if you are flipping the pages of a book.

email me: yasfur70@gmail.com

Thanks a lot.

P.S.: I am new to web design and i came across this in a flash demo.
(27.07.2013, 18:27)