image replacement COMMENTS

shi:-
thx Stu... works fine...
(05.10.2005, 13:30)

Jo-an:-
@Stu: To fix the 'ability to click' I did the same just put the <em> in the <a>, why not use a span since we use background-images

One problem though, text lurking when enlarging the font-size? any ideas to stop it. When having link text that spans two lines, the text jumps under the background-image, could a z-index perhaps fix this issue?

Also adding margin:0 to the h3.ir prevents any moving of the h3 when eg enlarging font-size.
(14.11.2005, 14:42)

Jo-an, if you look at the text in yellow on my demo page (and my examples) you will find that the answer is to make the image have enough surrounding 'white space' to cover any text resize.
(14.11.2005, 19:41)

Jo-an:-
@Stu: got it! I add enough pixels to bottom and righthand side of my background-images.
(14.11.2005, 22:16)

Jo-an, as easy as that ;o)
(14.11.2005, 22:23)

position:absolute;
top:0;
left:0;
background-color: #7399BF; background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: top left;
}

Using width:100% and height:100% for em worked too, solved an issue in IE for a sliding nav
(16.11.2005, 01:34)

Jo-an, the only problem I can see with this is that the overflow hidden will cause the h3 text to be hidden when css is on, images are off and the text is resized larger.
(16.11.2005, 08:22)

Jo:-
@ Stu Nicholls:

Wouldn't it be great if we tried the same thing for image rollovers: hide the text under the <a href=""><em></em></a>

Problem: background on <a>s ?
(02.01.2006, 13:31)

Jo:-
Happy New Year! Stu!

your method uses position:relative for the parent element so for <a>s that is better than position:absolute
(02.01.2006, 13:45)

stuart jackson:-
stuart have problems his name e mail cant through by friends e mail from stuart jackson
(29.03.2006, 13:15)